Safe Job Search
A SmartJob Search
is a SafeJob Search
Monster is dedicatedly working towards stopping this abuse and providing you the safest possible environment to search & apply to jobs and manage your career.
Here are some important tips to use when dealing with prospective employers:
- Do not give your confidential details unless you are sure that the other party is who they claim to be. For example, you could ask them for a call-back number to use for verification purposes.
- Be careful when sharing credit card or bank information, or engaging in any monetary transactions. Be sure to verify the legitimacy of the employer with whom you are interacting.
- Do not provide any non-work-related personal information (e.g., Social Security Number, eye color, marital status, etc.) over the phone or online.
- Be cautious when dealing with contacts outside your own country
- Be wary of emails that offer an opportunity that involves acting as a go-between for money transfers. Disregard the email and DO NOT follow through with the employment offer being made.
If you see a questionable Job Posting or any potential misuse of the Monster site or its brand, please report the suspected fraud to Monster.
If you think you have been a victim of fraud, immediately report the committed fraud to your local police and contact Monster, so that steps can be taken for your safety.