This course addresses the professional learning needs of educators, educational administrators, managers, policy makers and others interested or involved in learning and education or educational work in the wider community, and who may be based either locally or internationally.
This course focuses on building inclusive learning environments. Students specialise in theories of, and approaches to, inclusion of diverse learners with particular cultural, social, cognitive and emotional needs across learning contexts.
- This program is designed to meet the needs of educators, educational administrators, managers, policy makers and others interested or involved in learning and education within the wider educational community or working in the corporate or government sector.
Monash University helps students connect with employers, find jobs and explore career options.
Students are required to complete 4 units out of the following units listed below:
- Developing Learners and Learning
- Professional Project
- Using and Evaluating Research Evidence
- Practising Inclusion
- Professional Practice in Special and Inclusive Education
- Understanding Inclusion in Learning Communities
- Positive Behavior Support
Applicants must have successfully completed one of the following:
- a recognised cognate bachelor degree or equivalent qualification with a credit average.
- a recognised non-cognate bachelor degree with a credit average together with 2 or more years of full-time relevant informal learning.
- a recognised honours, graduate certificate, graduate diploma or masters qualification
Students who have completed a non-cognate Bachelor degree with no relevant informal learning may apply for entry into the Graduate Certificate of Education Studies. On completion of the Graduate Certificate of Education Studies with a credit average, students will be admitted into the Master of Education with 48 credit points of credit.
Advance standing entry is available up to final year Master program.
Next Intake: There are 2 intakes per year. Please click on "Request Info" to understand more.