Tips for Job Search
|Using search on home page
Keywords are words, phrases, and terms that you can enter to describe educational and professional experiences, skills, and company names. They are used to search for Jobs containing those words in their Descriptions. By typing in various keywords, you will maximize your chances of retrieving Jobs that most accurately match your search.
Start your job search with the keywords that relate to the type of job you are looking for. They could be the skills that you have, designations of the jobs that you want, or the qualifications that you hold. In addition you could be giving the city name, company that you want to work for etc.
- If you are a graduate, with some experience in a call center looking for a job in Bangalore – you should give "BPO Team Leader Bangalore" in the keyword box.
- If you are a graduate, with some experience in a call center looking for a job in Bangalore, but in an internet
company – you should give "Internet graduate Bangalore" in the keyword box.
- If you are a qualified network administrator, with the required technical qualifications – you should give - "Network administrator" in the keyword box.
- Multiple search words will give you more results.
- If you are searching for phrases, then use " " around the phrase.
Example: "Sales Manager" "Art Director" etc.
- If you wish to avoid some words in the job description, then write those words with a minus in front of the job.
For example: Sales -FMCG will give you jobs with the word sales in them, but only those without FMCG
- If you have entered a typo or a mistake in the search box, an automatic alert will be displayed on the results page with a possible correction.
For example: If you have typed jav, the system will give an alert saying . are you looking for java?
The keywords that you give are searched for in the Title of the job, Key Skills asked for in the job and the entire text of the job description in that order.
The jobs are sorted on relevance by default. The most relevant ones appear at the top.
|Advanced job search
The keywords that you provide could be the skills that you have, designations of the jobs that you want, or the qualifications that you hold. In addition you could be giving the city name, current company name, etc.
Example: Fresher, Java, Programming, J2ee, Marketing manager online Hyderabad, Service Manager Bank Delhi, Telesales BPO outbound, etc.
Provide the name of the desired city for job. In case, you are not particular then choose Any Location.
Give a numeral like 1, 4, 8, etc. Do NOT type in with decimals like 1.5 etc. If you are looking for a job in the IT industry and have less years of experience in it as compared to your total years of work experience, then only enter the experience in the IT industry specifically.
Example: If you have a total of 8 years experience, but have been in the IT industry only for the last four years- then type 4 in the box.
Company Jobs are posted by corporates trying to fill the positions for their own requirements.
Placement Agencies Jobs are those posted by consultants or agencies who have been hired by corporates to fill their requirements. Choose All option for seeing the maximum number of results.