- Min 3 years of exp in Consulting gained as a consultant with a consulting firm or in a consulting / strategy role with a MNC
- Understanding of commodity/banking trading or mining would be beneficial (but not a must)
- 2 months completion bonus at the end of a 1 yr contract
Our client is a renowned and global commodity MNC. This is a 1 year contract role. There may be a chance for the role to turn perm (but this is not guaranteed).
For this role, you act as an internal consultant and report to the Commercial Strategy Manager with dotted line reporting to the Mgr- Market Analytics. You are charged with ensuring that the firm delivers the best possible return for its commercial activities, by setting standards, providing guidance, best practice, challenge & support to commodity commercial strategy development in specific assigned projects. You will be supporting the regional marketing hub in Singapore. There will be minimal travel expected for this role.
You will support the development and implementation of commercial and digital strategy. You will also assist in the development of various commercial enablers – especially those with a quantitative focus - and their implementation to optimise commercial performance and synergies across the Commercial group.
- Undertakes quantitative and qualitative analyses to support development and implementation of commercial strategy and trading analytics projects and commercial value levers. (direct output)
- Utilise data science techniques to critically evaluate data sources and their application to trading, sales and structuring initiatives before implementing these to project requirements (direct output)
- Supports the strategy review process of the commodity Sales and Marketing teams, and supports the implementation of the strategies. (indirect output)
- Identifies potential value creating opportunities.
- Researches industry trends and identifies industry best practices in order to review and challenge the commercial processes of the commodity Sales and Marketing teams.
- Stay abreast of external industry, competitive, and commercial trends that can impact the firm including gathering of competitive intelligence and insight from cross-functional sources and disseminating it to appropriate groups.
- Deg qualified with min 3 to 6 years of experience in commodity marketing / commercial analysis within a large organisation
- Exp in consulting gained as a consultant with a consulting firm . Or you are a doing an in house strategy or consulting role with a MNC
- Also open to cands good with financial modelling and quantitative skills who likes a in house strategist role
- Also has strong excel and powerpoint skills
- Has good data analytics skills, with the ability to manage and interrogate large data.
- Industry exposure to commodity/banking trading or mining is very beneficial (though not a must)
- Exceptionally numerical with strong analytical skills.
- Expert skills with standard analytical software and tools
- Good conceptual grasp of complexity
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management skills. Confident in interaction with senior management
- Able to commit to a 1 year contract role
To apply, please send your cv in word doc to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include details of your current salary, expected salary and notice period in your cv.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Posted by :
CAP Consulting (EA licence : 14C7175)
Caroline Poh (EA registration : R1105649)