Strategic Leadership and Build Culture
· Provide site leadership to create a high-performance culture.
· Formulate and manage execution of long term and short term strategies, plans and goals.
· Drive revenue growth and profitability; encourage innovation and develop capabilities to achieve or exceed goals set for the site.
Operational Excellence and Total Customer Satisfaction
· Ensure the site deliver strong TQRDCE (Technology, Quality, Response, Delivery, Cost, Environment) performance and top-rate customer satisfaction.
· Build competitive & differentiating know-how, clusters/centre of excellence and sustainable systems to grow site's business profitably to retain and attract existing and new customers.
People Development, Teamwork and Networking
· Develop a culture of talent development and ensure key/critical positions succession pipeline.
· Encourage and forge cohesive teamwork and partnership within site, across the organisation.
· Cultivate positive business and professional relationship with relevant stakeholders in the locality & country of operations.
· Review and ensure the site's policies, procedures, health and safety program and internal controls are in place to ensure business practices are in compliance to quality standards, local laws, regulations and Corporate governance.
This job description is intended to guide the activities of the incumbent and is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the incumbent as to the effective functioning of this role, nor it intended to describe all the responsibilities and work that may be required of the incumbent.
At least a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline (Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronics, etc.). A Master Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Economics from a recognised university is an added advantage.
At least 15 years' experience in business creation and operational management in a complex manufacturing environment, preferably dealing with a wide spectrum of products, services and/or solutions from industrial, Internet-of-things, advanced automotive, advanced sensors, powers, medical and life science, etc.
· At least 5 years' experience in a Site leadership role responsible for at least a site and responsible (direct or dotted-line) for multiple functions from end to end such as Business development, Design Services (R&D), Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, Materials and Logistics, Finance, HR & IT, etc.
Need not to be expert in all functions, but at least having expertise and hands-on experiences in either one or two areas such as business development, design services (R&D), engineering or manufacturing.
Business and Operational Management
· Demonstrate a solid understanding of the intricacy of the entire end-to-end process from business development through design services, engineering, quality, manufacturing, etc. to delivery to customers' satisfaction.
· Demonstrate perceptive and organising ability to identify weak links, balance conflicting needs, string up different functions, execute swift actions with a sense of urgency to address and meet the needs of business and build strong customer relationship on win-win partnership.
· Demonstrate strong business-acumen and customer satisfaction-centric mindset and ability in DECISION-MAKING that is substantiated by strong knowledge and critical thinking.
· Strong leadership in team development and teamwork enabled by strong interpersonal, influencing and conflict resolution skills.
· Proven track records in developing future leaders.
Other Essential Attributes
· Highly self-motivated; resilient; adaptable; able to take pressure; not knocked off balance by the unexpected.
· Highly self-aware; has an inquisitive mind; having humility to learn from others. Resourceful; quick to act but not hasty.