As a developer, you will take technical ownership of the products you build and deliver in the Online Technology space at Singtel. You will build the portals, mobile applications, and the services to support these, both from a function and a non-functional point of view. You will be part of a multi-national team across Optus and Singtel and other parties, working with people in multiple time zones and with differing cultural backgrounds.
You will work with Architects, Solution designers, and developers on the online platforms. You will work with product people, content producers, UX designers and business analysts to understand and flesh out requirements to implementation. You will work with testers and operational people to ensure that solutions are of high quality and can be operated easily. This is a hands-on technical role.
As a developer you are expected to be well versed in modern web and mobile app technologies, both from a technology point of view, as well as from an operational point of view. You are comfortable discussing what a typical online technology stack looks like, and you can talk about how online applications scale. You know what cloud services are, how they operate and how they are used in an online technology environment.
You get excited by new technology, but you are capable of dealing with legacy systems as well. You are not afraid of software archaeology or reading documentation. You know how to build an application ecosystem in a modular fashion, so that pieces can be changed independently from other pieces. You can provide the right level of documentation for systems, interfaces and software, and you understand the value of that documentation.
You are comfortable having discussions with business people at various levels to negotiate scope, requirements and explain how alternative designs can deliver a better solution. You know how to ask questions in a non-technical forum and translate the answers into technical design.
You can work in an agile environment, and have done test driven development. You are a stickler for quality and good design, but understand the importance of delivering business value early. You can design an incremental software development plan that can fit into a continuous delivery cycle. You understand the value of test driven development, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and regression test coverage.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (i.e. IT, Computer Science or Software Engineering)
- At least 6 years of relevant working experience.
- Development experience in JS, CSS, HTML5, Responsive Site, Reactive Design, Sass, Frontend Templating, (e.g. Handlebars and Mustache)
- Agile experience
- Test driven development / Unit Testing
- Behavior Driven Development
- Precompiler experience with SASS
- NodeJS, Cucumber, Angular, Backbone, Object Oriented Design.
- Mobile Application Development
- Knowledge/Experience in Wiki applications.
- Knowledge/Experience in Agile Development and Management tools, e.g. Jira, Nexus, Artifactory, Jenkins, Sonar, Selenium, Stash
- Knowledge/Experience in Continuous Integration and Automated Testing
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be proactive, resourceful and self-motivated with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to lead a team or liaise with vendors in managing projects delivery
- Good interpersonal, written and communication skills.
- Experience in software and application development that requires analysis and design work.
- Review of test plans and test cases for SIT
Interested candidates kindly submit your updated CV in Word Format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be notify. Thank you.
Techcom Solutions Pte Ltd