Our client (Conglomerate) is looking to hire a Logistics Manager:
Responsible to manage a team of shipping employees to process, source and negotiate for competitive Ocean freight and maintain high accuracy in Freight Booking System (FBS). Ensure the efficient and timely management of all shipments through close coordination with Marketing team, Plant Logistics and Shipping Line/Forwarders.
• Manage a team of Shipping staff to ensure the department operates efficiently
• Source and negotiate for competitive freight rate
• Establish action
• Good business relationship with Shipping Lines and Freight Forwarders to ensure that excel service is received
• Work closely with Marketing and Plants to support all operation matters
• Work closely with ISO tank company to ensure tank availability for our ISO tank shipment
• Responsible to solve shipment problems to meet customer expectation and satisfaction
• Verify and approve freight payments
• Manage suppliers’ performance
• Ensure the Freight Booking System (FBS) is well maintained and continuously improvedRequirements:
• At least a Bachelor Degree in Logistics & Supply Chain Management
• Minimum 5 years work experience in similar capacity with experience gain in manufacturing environment and Shipping Line or Freight Forwarder
• Excellent in written and oral communication skills in English.
• Additional language skill in Bahasa Indonesia or Mandarin is advantageous
• Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain good relationship with overseas marketing team and overseas plants
• Strong managerial and negotiation skills
• Ability to lead, develop and motivate people to achieve high performance
For interested applicants, can also apply via http://onesearchconsulting.applyourjobs.com/online.aspx?ID=2794
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidate will be notified.