• Automotive/ Ancillaries • Tyres
Purchase/ Logistics/ Supply Chain
Full Time, Employee
Logistics Head/ Manager
About en world:
en world is an international recruiting agency, focusing on managerial and senior-level career solutions. en world was established in Japan in 1999 and has expanded to Singapore, Hong Kong, Korea, Australia and Vietnam. With 270 staff representing 15 nationalities in 10 offices, we are supporting over 12,000 placements with 2,400 clients across the Asia Pacific Region. en world is a subsidiary of en-japan inc., Japan’s leading internet-based recruitment solutions provider.
en world Singapore offers specialised recruitment solutions across various disciplines such as Banking & Finance, Life Sciences, Industrial, HR, IT & Operations, Sales & Marketing and Supply Chain Management.
en world APAC Locations: Australia | Hong Kong | Japan | Singapore | South Korea | Vietnam
Visit - http://enworld.com
EA License - EA: 11C4095
Logistics Manager (Regional)
- Create and maintain logistics management processes to optimize the total logistics costs and increase operational efficiency while assuring top tier service to all customers.
- Create the visibility of Cost-to-Serve by market and by distribution channel through the deployment of Cost-to-Serve tools and capabilities in the different geographical markets.
- Develop, execute and manage the logistics strategy that requires close working relation with Planning, Manufacturing, Regional Sales & Marketing and Group Company to ensure a timely and cost competitive import/export supply chain.
- Increase alignment within the network through common operational scorecard and logistical processes including inbound, outbound, warehousing and distribution.
- Lead regional tender for Air and Ocean freight in collaboration with Global Head Office. Develop and maintain tender road map and work with Group Company on the execution.
- Manage 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) service provider performance for warehousing and freight including outsourced billing activities against pre-defined service level targets, identify potential gaps and implement improvement opportunities.
- Implement regular Monthly Business Review meeting at Group Company level, review defined logistics KPI performance and work with 3PL to devise and execute improvement initiatives. Manage escalation matters in the event of KPI deviation from target level.
- Ensure compliance with all logistical requirements (trade compliance, regulatory, legal, internal/external audits).
- Maintain effective communication with cross-functions and inter-SBU stakeholders. Collaborate with internal and external parties on any logistical matters.
- Compile, consolidate and analyze operations performance metrics reporting and translate the key findings into concrete and measurable action plans.
- Identify improvement opportunities to reduce logistics costs and improve service levels. Initiate and manage logistics optimization projects.
- Manage team performance and gear up the team logistics skill sets to improve the efficiency of the end-to-end supply chain process.
- Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Logistics Management or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years extensive order management, distribution, transportation and logistics working experience acquired in a managerial capacity ideally within a global manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience or exposure in managing logistics operations within the Asia Pacific region is highly preferred.
- Familiar with 3PL operations, international freight, logistics and Customs requirements.
- Good understanding of Incoterms and related import/export procedures and documentation.
- Experience in managing people and outsourced billing activities.
- Strategic thinking, customer oriented and ability to relate with people at all levels.
- Serves as a change agent to drive continuous improvement.
- Strong analytical ability, project management and implementation experiences.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Fluency in English with excellent presentation and communication skills.