One of our clients is looking for a Oracle Database Administrator - DBA, who is/are able to fulfill the following requirements:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- DBA focus in Oracle and MS SQL Database setup and configuration.
- Perform database capacity planning and maintenance.
- Perform upgrade, patched, installation and migration.
- Provide database administration, monitoring and performance tuning.
- Provide database backup and recovery procedures, customization and services.
- Perform periodic database health check and advise performance improvement.
- Perform the database software troubleshooting and coordinate rectification activities with the database vendors.
- Plan and document all plans for existing production database operations, which include developing database backup and recovery jobs, procedures and schedules.
- Design, plan and implement database security in consultation with customer and the application team and vendors for databases.
- Monitor the database growth and performance
- Perform database tuning and re-organization
- Provide technical and operational consultancy service, advice and support to customer and the application team and vendors.
- Assist in reviewing and proposing new and advance database performance monitoring tools that can be utilized to achieve a well-managed and performance tuned.
- Contacting vendor for technical support.
- Work with offshore resources, review oracle ASM and Golden Gate
- Provide expertise and represents the highest level of technical escalation for Oracle Database technologies, standards, policies and best practices.
- Define and communicate Oracle Database architecture standards and policies
- Periodic reviews of Database setups, DB capacity and DB performance and recommend any improvement opportunities, review of cluster configurations settings.
- Use specialized knowledge and expertise to research and resolve complex Database issues.
- Work closely with the business analysts and users to determine Database requirements.
- Identify any Database architecture design issues, and communicate them to the appropriate team leads of external integrators, internal program owner, project managers and application stakeholders.
- Review DB configurations, DB changes, Oracle upgrades, Oracle patches (including security patches), and DB monitoring.
- New projects, recommend solutions, prioritize activities, review scripts, data modelling, auditing reviews, security settings and run book reviews,
- Review backup and recovery scripts, support disaster and recovery exercises, and solutions,
- Work with offshore resources, review oracle ASM and Golden Gate.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting:
- Your relevant experience
- Current/expected salary
- Availability information
- A latest MS-WORD Resume
**We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.**
Note: GECO Asia is a German IT Services company and provides specialist IT resources on project and permanent basis. We operate under a Comprehensive Licence offered by MOM Singapore.
[GECO Asia Pte Ltd, Licence No. 07C4453]
[8 Boon Lay Way, 8@TradeHub21, #07-15, Singapore 609964]