Join a company dedicated to your career development.Are you ready?
As the Regional Market Manager
(RMM) you will hold primary accountability for the achievement of Consumer
customer base growth (Nett adds) and market share gains in the Upper Central QLD.
As the RMM, you will need to thoroughly understand and be able to engage and resonate with each and every local market in you region by demography, customer type, network opportunity and sales channel.’
Geographical location includes: Rockhampton, Mackay, Bowen-Basin and Whitsundays
Critical to your success will be your proven experience and excellence in:
- Awareness and Acquisition Marketing;
- Sales Events and Promotions;
- Corporate Affairs and Media Relations;
- Business Development and Sales Management; &
- Community Engagement and Advocacy.
The RMM will also need the skills and behaviours required to play a pivotal role within both state and national teams, constantly engaging, influencing and collaborating with stake holders across the business to define, plan and deliver Optus’s Regional Growth Strategy.
Additionally, it is expected that you will be based within their geographical territory, and be an active and visible member of the community, spending as much time as possible with our customers, sales channels and the wider population. Due the start-up / transformative nature of this role, there a number of key challenges will have to be overcome - both at an operation and strategic level. To hit the ground running you will be highly engaging and self-directed, with proven strategy, implementation and operational capabilities, and experience. Your success in this role
will be measured by
(but not be limited to):
What makes you perfect for the role?
- Development of the local market plan and deliver customer growth through the local market team;
- Local initiatives effectiveness / Return on investment inclusive of robust budget / P&L management and forward planning; &
- Proactive and positive engagement with sales channels, local organisations and groups.
- Tertiary qualified in a business or related discipline with highly effective communication and negotiation skills;
- 5+ years in a similar multi-channel Sales leadership role (B2B & B2C) in a large corporate arena (e.g. Telco, Retail or FMCG) within the Upper Central QLD region dealing effectively across the private and public sector;
- A proven ability to drive change and operate in a very complex and matrixed environment, with significant experience defining and delivery of sales and /or operational processes and solutions;
- Solid project and change management experience applicable to successful Sales and Marketing team initiatives;
- Advanced sales planning and execution capacity, with strong commercial acumen, with outstanding written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills;
- A natural ability to work in an autonomous capacity (i.e. to be manage and be managed remotely and virtually), whilst complementing a broader national distribution team; &
- Highly established and networked relationships in your local community - both personally and professionally.
A highly attractive remuneration structure is in place to secure the highest calibre of candidate to this truly outstanding career development opportunity. Please apply in confidence (including a cover letter addressing the selection criteria) via the online link. Employee Benefits
Working at Optus will provide you with a range of benefits that will enrich your personal and professional life. With features such as a range on on-site Health and Wellbeing specialists, financial advisers, company discounts and child care services, we ensure that we provide you with a safe and productive work environment.
Click here to find out more about what it’s like to work at Optus. Heads Up!!
Due to the fast paced nature of the Optus business, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don’t delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible. We will assess applications as they are received.
One last thing, Optus operates a direct sourcing model so no agency introductions, sorry folks.