Amazon Web Service (AWS) is a comprehensive, evolving, and growing business unit within Amazon.com which provides cloud services. Since early 2006, AWS has provided a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. If you are interested in a career working in a high growth, fast paced and Customer focused work environment then AWS may be the right fit for you.
The AWS Global Real Estate Team is looking seeking a talented Principal, Real Estate Manager. In this role the selected candidate will have responsibility for a portfolio of existing properties while providing strategic direction and oversight for the acquisition of new properties in the APAC region. The ideal candidate will possess a real estate, development, business, financial, strategic and technical background that enables them to drive an engagement and develop strategic alternatives from inception to conclusion. They should have a demonstrated ability to negotiate multimillion dollar contracts for real estate and infrastructure transactions. They will manage a team which is responsible for the delivery of both property and Build to Suit development projects. These projects range from acquisition and retrofits of existing buildings to multi building development projects.Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage and lead by example Real Estate team in developing growth strategies for specific markets.
- Execute on the strategic plan while interacting with internal stakeholders (e.g. product teams, Networking, Data Center Engineering, construction, legal, tax, etc.).
- Negotiate key contracts for real estate from beginning to end including strategy development, financial analysis, business term negotiation and support full legal negotiation.
- Understanding the technical requirements of our engineering teams and developing solutions that meet the design and business objectives.
- Involvement in the full construction process to deliver all aspects of a project to include building, data center specific power, and all other site utilities.
- Preparation and presentation of transaction summaries to the senior management team regarding progress, financial approvals and overall deal costs / benefits.
- Management of multiple complex contract negotiations simultaneously.
- 10+ years of broad-based corporate real estate experience with 5+ years of people management experience.
- 10+ years of commercial real estate transaction experience preferably in industrial/office development and leasing.
- Demonstrated history of successful real estate negotiation and development skills.
- Experience in Build to Suit lease developments and Land acquisition/development.
- International real estate experience in the APAC region.
- Experience with industrial real estate and land negotiations highly preferred.
- Possess organizational, mentoring, communication and team building skills. Must support building staff capacity and strong working relationships, both internally with staff and organizational stakeholders, as well as externally with development partners, vendors and stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Ability to prepare, review and negotiate financial analysis of potential deal structures.
- Strong negotiation abilities to include legal document review and negotiation in conjunction with legal counsel.
- Willing and able to travel at least 50% of the time both domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional certification in Real Estate Development, Management, Urban Planning or a related field is preferred.
- MBA or Master’s degree in Real Estate Development, or Urban Planning or a related field.
- Data center development experience.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to provide big picture insights from multiple sources of data.
- International Business experience – an understanding of how to successfully transact business in multiple cultural contexts as well as experience directly managing international teams.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, manage time effectively and be a self-starter.