responsibilities would include owning, tracking and resolving database
related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents
within SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g.: database backups,
maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related
issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding
to database related alerts and escalations and working with vendors
and other parties to come up with strategic solutions to recurring
The incumbent will also focus on managing and resolving issues in
alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication
with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their
requests, initiating and performing changes on Non-Production systems
and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the
(b) Qualifications & Requirements:
• Bachelor degree, with a technical major, such as engineering, data
• communications or computer science, among others.
• Good communication and documentation skills.
• Minimum 2 years Database Administration experience.
• Experience with Database Administration for DB2 (version 10
• onwards) / Oracle Server (version 11 onwards).
• Knowledge and/or working experience in SQL Database servers
• and MySQL will be an advantage.
• Experience in performing, managing and validating Data Model
• creation. (ERWIN and/or equivalent)
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using
• native monitoring and troubleshooting tools. (knowledge of indexes,
• index management, and statistics)
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR)
• options for DB2 / Oracle Server.
• Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts /
• shell scripting.
• Experience in writing and implementing Stored Procedures, PL/SQL
• and SQL.
• Experience working with Windows, AIX, Linux and Solaris servers.
• Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and
• weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice. 24 x 7 Support is