Understanding your rights and responsibilities as a Monster user
Protect your personal information by never providing credit card, bank account numbers or any other personal information open to misuse, to prospective employers. Learn more
Monster may revise these Terms at any time by posting an updated version to this Web page. You should visit this page periodically to review the most current Terms because they are binding on ‘You’.
Users who violate these Terms may have their access and use of the Monster Sites suspended or terminated, at Monster’s discretion.
2. Use of Monster Content
Monster authorizes You, subject to these Terms, to view and a single copy of the content available on or from monster.com.sg and to access and use the Monster Sites and the Monster Content (as defined below) and to download and print a single copy of the content available on or from the Monster Sites solely for Your personal, non-commercial use. The contents of monster.com.sg, and of all other websites under the Company's control, whether partial or otherwise (monster.com.sg and such other websites are sometimes collectively referred to as the “Monster Sites”), such as designs, text, graphics, images, video, information, logos, button icons, software, audio files and other Monster content (collectively, "Monster Content"), are protected under both India and foreign copyright, trademark and other laws. All Monster Content is the property of Monster or its licensors. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly) of all content on the Monster Sites is the exclusive property of Monster and is protected by Indian and international copyright, trademark, and other laws. Unauthorized use of the Monster Content may violate these laws and/or applicable communications regulations and statutes, and is strictly prohibited. You must preserve all copyright, trademarks, service mark and other proprietary notices contained in the original Monster Content on any authorized copy You make of the Monster Content. You may not sell or modify the Monster Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the Monster Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose, in connection with products or services that are not those of Monster, in any other manner that is likely to cause confusion among consumers or that otherwise infringes Monster's intellectual property rights.
Any code that Monster creates to generate or display any Monster Content or the pages making up any Monster Site is also protected by Monster's copyright and You may not copy or adapt such code.
You may not use any of the Monster Content on any other Web site or in a networked computer environment (including, without limitation, by uploading or republishing Monster Content on any Internet, Intranet or Extranet site or incorporating the Monster Content in any other database or compilation for any purpose). You shall not copy or adapt the HTML code that the Company creates to generate any Monster Content or the pages making up any Monster Site which is also protected by the Company's copyright. Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in these Terms shall be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. This license is revocable at any time without notice and with or without cause.
3. Monster Site Restrictions
Users shall not use any Monster Site in order to host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update, distribute, share, store or destroy material, including without limitation Monster Content,
- in violation of any applicable law or regulation,
- in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of others or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others,
- that belongs to another person and to which the user does not have any right to,
- that is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, threatening, abusive or hateful or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating encouraging money laundering or gambling or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatsoever,
- harm minors in any way,
- deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such message or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature,
- impersonate another person or entity,
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of Monster’s computer systems or site or Monster’s users, customer’s computer systems or site,
- Threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states or of public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or insulting any other nation.
Users are also prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of any Monster Site, including, without limitation the following activities:
- accessing data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account which the user is not authorized to access;
- attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to any Monster Site, overloading, "flooding", "spamming", "mail bombing" or "crashing"; or
- Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. The Company will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
4. Registration Information
The Company reserves the right to offer third party services and products to You based on the preferences that You identify in your registration and at any time thereafter; such offers may be made by the Company or by third parties. Please see the Company's Privacy Statement for further details regarding your Information.
5. Use of the Monster Services
the job posting, resume database (“Monster Resume Database”) and other features of the Monster Sites may be used only by individuals seeking employment and/or career information and by employers seeking employees. In addition, the Monster Communities may be used by individuals for permitted professional and personal networking purposes. Your use of the Monster Services is also subject to any other contracts You may have with Monster. In the case of any conflict between these Terms and any contract you have with Monster, the terms of your contract will prevail. The term “post” as used herein shall mean information that You submit, publish or display on a Monster Site.
6. Specific Prohibited uses
The job posting and resume database features of monster.com.sg may be used only for lawful purposes by individuals seeking employment and career information and employers seeking employees.
The Company specifically prohibits any other use of monster.com.sg, and all Users agree not to do any of the following:
- Post any resume or apply for any job on behalf of another party;
- Defer any contact from an employer to any agent, agency, or other third party;
- Set more than one copy of the same resume to public at any one time;
- Solicit passwords or personally identifiable information from other Users;
- Post any jobs on any Monster Site for any competitor of Monster or posting jobs or other content that contains links to any site competitive with Monster;
- Post jobs or content on any Monster Site that contain any hyperlinks, email addresses, HTML Tags, "hidden" keywords or any keywords that are irrelevant to the job or are otherwise misleading contained in a job posting are prohibited;
- Post jobs for modeling or talent or talent scouting positions on any Monster Site;
- Use any Monster Site Resume Database for any purpose other than as an employer seeking employees, including but not limited to using the information in the Resume Database to sell or promote any products or services;
- Post or submit to any Monster Site any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or information which is not your own;
- Post on any Monster Site any franchise, pyramid scheme, "club membership", distributorship or sales representative agency arrangement or other business opportunity which requires an upfront or periodic payment, pays commissions only (except for postings that make clear that the available job pays commission only and clearly describes the product or service that the job seeker would be selling, in which case such postings are permissible), requires recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents;
- Send unsolicited mail or e-mail, making unsolicited phone calls or send unsolicited faxes regarding promotions and/or advertising of products or services to a user of any Monster Site;
- Delete or revise any material posted by any other person or entity;
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on any Monster Site's infrastructure;
- Use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search any Monster Site other than the search engine and search agents available from the Company on such Monster Site.
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of any Monster Site;
- Aggregate, copy or duplicate in any manner any of the Monster Content or information available from any Monster Site including expired job postings, other than as permitted by these Terms; or
- Frame or link to any of Monster Content or information available from any Monster Site.
- Use the Monster Services for any unlawful purpose or any illegal activity, or post or submit any content, resume, or job posting that is defamatory, libelous, implicitly or explicitly offensive, vulgar, obscene, threatening, abusive, hateful, racist, discriminatory, of a menacing character or likely to cause annoyance, inconvenience, embarrassment, anxiety or could cause harassment to any person or include any links to pornographic, indecent or sexually explicit material of any kind, as determined by Monster’s discretion.
The Company also specifically prohibits any use / insertion of any of the User’s URL, web link, e mail address and website while posting any job on monster.com.sg and all Users agree not to use / insert any of the User’s URL, web link, e mail address and website while posting any job on monster.com.sg.
On nonconformance by users of any of the aforesaid terms as envisaged in section 3 and 6 above, Monster may in its sole discretion, restrict or terminate the offending User's ability to access the Monster Site(s) and determine whether to take any other actions or to remove or request the removal of the User Content. Monster has no liability or responsibility to Users for performance or nonperformance of such activities. Additionally, Monster has the right to initiate appropriate proceedings against the offending user as per law.
7. User Content and Submissions
You are solely responsible for your My Monster Account information, content, messages or other information ("User Content") that You submit, publish or display (hereinafter, "post") on any Monster Site or transmit to other Users. By posting User Content to any Monster Site, You automatically grant, and You represent and warrant that You have the right to grant, to Monster an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute such User Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such User Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses thereof.
By posting User Content to any public or non-public area of any Monster Site, including message boards, forums, contests and chat rooms, You grant the Company and its parent company and affiliates the loyalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicense able (through multiple tiers), non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, communicate to the public, perform and display the User Content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. You also warrant that the holder of any rights, including moral rights in such content, has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to You the right to grant the license stated above. You also permit any User to access, display, view, store and reproduce such User Content for personal use. Subject to the foregoing, the owner of such User Content placed any Monster Site retains any and all rights that may exist in such User Content.
You agree that any email send by an employer to a jobseeker for any prospective job opportunity through Monster website may be stored at the Monster account of the said jobseeker for at least a period of 7 days, to enable the said jobseeker to access the email, as send by the employer, to take a conscious decision about the job offer in the said email.
The following is a partial list of User Content that is prohibited on the Monster Sites. The list below is for illustration only and is not a complete list of all prohibited User Content:
- is implicitly or explicitly offensive, such as User Content that engages in, endorses or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses, incites harassment or advocates harassment of another any group or individual;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- promotes or endorses false or misleading information or illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes or endorses an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing or making available pirated computer programs or links to them, providing or making available information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing or making available pirated music or other media or links to pirated music or other media files;
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images;
- displays or links to pornographic, indecent or sexually explicit material of any kind;
- provides or links to material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual, violent or other manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18; or
- provides instructional information about illegal activities or other activities prohibited by these Terms, including without limitation, making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or provides or creates computer viruses or pirating any media; and solicits passwords or personal identifying information from other Users;
The Company does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of User Content or any other communications posted by Users or endorse any opinions expressed by Users. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other Users will be at your own risk.
We appreciate hearing from our Users and welcome your comments regarding our services and the Monster Sites. Please be advised, however, that our policy does not permit us to accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, inventions or materials other than those which we have specifically requested. While we do value your feedback on our services, please be specific in your comments regarding our services and do not submit creative ideas, inventions, suggestions, or materials. If, despite our request, You send us creative suggestions, ideas, drawings, concepts, inventions, or other information (collectively the "Submission"), the Submission shall be the property of the Company. None of the Submission shall be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on our part and we shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submission. The Company shall own exclusively all now known or later discovered rights to the Submission and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Submission for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to You or any other person who submitted the Submission.
8. Registration and Password
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account access information and passwords. You shall be responsible for all uses of your Web Site registrations and passwords, whether or not authorized by You. You are not authorized to share your password or other account access information with any other party, temporarily or permanently, and breach of this obligation may tantamount to disabling the Monster account and Monster Services. You agree to immediately notify the Company of any unauthorized use of your Account, and passwords.
9. Additional Terms Applicable to Employers
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your employer account, Profile and passwords, as applicable. You may not share Your password or other account access information with any other party, temporarily or permanently, and You shall be responsible for all uses of Your Monster Site registrations and passwords, whether or not authorized by You. You agree to immediately notify Monster of any unauthorized use of Your employer account, Profile, or passwords.
Employers are solely responsible for their postings on Monster Sites. Monster is not to be considered to be an employer with respect to Your use of any Monster Site and Monster shall not be responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason, made by any entity posting jobs on any Monster Site.
You understand and acknowledge that if You cancel Your employer account or Your employer account is terminated, all Your account information from Monster, including saved resumes, network contacts, and email mailing lists, will be marked as deleted in and may be deleted from Monster's databases. Information may continue to be available for some period of time because of delays in propagating such deletion through Monster.s web servers.
In order to protect our Monster Community Users from commercial advertising or solicitation, Monster reserves the right to restrict the number of e-mails which an employer may send to Users to a number which Monster deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
Candidate profiles derived from User Content may also be made available through the Sites. Monster does not make any representations regarding the accuracy or validity of such derived works or their appropriateness for evaluation by employers. Derived profiles may vary significantly from User Content.
A Job posting may not contain:
- any hyperlinks, other than those specifically authorized by Monster;
- misleading, unreadable, or "hidden" keywords, repeated keywords or keywords that are irrelevant to the job opportunity being presented, as determined in Monster.s reasonable discretion;
- the names, logos or trademarks of unaffiliated companies other than those of your customer save where expressly agreed by Monster;
- the names of colleges, cities, states, towns or countries that are unrelated to the posting;
- more than one job or job description, more than one location, or more than one job category, unless the product so allows;
- inaccurate, false, or misleading information; and
- Material or links to material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or other manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18.
You may not use Your Monster job posting to:
- post jobs in a manner that does not comply with applicable local, national and international laws, including but not limited to laws relating to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity and employment eligibility requirements, data privacy, data access and use, and intellectual property;
- post jobs that require citizenship of any particular country or lawful permanent residence in a country as a condition of employment, unless otherwise required in order to comply with law, regulations, executive order, or federal, state or local government contract;
- post jobs that include any screening requirement or criterion in connection with a job posting where such requirement or criterion is not an actual and legal requirement of the posted job;
- post jobs or other advertisements for competitors of Monster or post jobs or other content that contains links to any site competitive with Monster;
- sell, promote or advertise products or services;
- post any franchise, pyramid scheme, "club membership", distributorship, multi-level marketing opportunity, or sales representative agency arrangement;
- post any business opportunity that requires an upfront or periodic payment or requires recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents;
- post any business opportunity that pays commission only unless the posting clearly states that the available job pays commission only and clearly describes the product or service that the job seeker would be selling;
- advertise sexual services or seek employees for jobs of a sexual nature;
- request the use of human body parts or the donation of human parts, including, without limitation, reproductive services such as egg donation and surrogacy;
- endorse a particular political party, political agenda, political position or issue;
- promote a particular religion;
- post jobs located in countries subject to economic sanctions of the United States Government; and
- except where allowed by applicable law, post jobs which require the applicant to provide information relating to his/her
- racial or ethnic origin
- political beliefs
- philosophical or religious beliefs
- membership of a trade union
- physical or mental health
- sexual life
- the commission of criminal offences or proceedings or
Monster reserves the right to remove any job posting or content from any Monster Site, which in the reasonable exercise of Monster’s discretion, does not comply with the above Terms, or if any content is posted that Monster believes is not in the best interest of Monster.
If at any time during your use of the Monster Services, You made a misrepresentation of fact to Monster or otherwise misled Monster in regards to the nature of your business activities, Monster will have grounds to terminate your use of the Monster Services.
Use of the Monster Resume Database by Employers
You shall use the Monster Resume Database as provided in these Terms and in any contract You have with Monster. You shall use the Monster Resume Database in accordance with all applicable privacy and data protection laws, and You agree You shall not further disclose any of the data from Monster Resume Database to any third party, unless You are an authorized recruitment agency, staffing agency, advertising or other agency or using the resume explicitly for employment purposes.
You shall take appropriate physical, technical, and administrative measures to protect the data You have obtained from Monster Resume Database from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. You shall not share Resume Database seat-based license login credentials with any other party, nor share Resume Database pay-per-view license login credentials with any party.
The Monster Resume Database shall not be used:
- for any purpose other than as an employer seeking employees, including but not limited to advertising promotions, products, or services to any resume holders;
- to make unsolicited phone calls or faxes or send unsolicited mail, email, or newsletters to resume holders or to contact any individual unless they have agreed to be contacted (where consent is required or, if express consent is not required, who has not informed you that they do not want to be contacted); or
In order to ensure a safe and effective experience for all of our customers, Monster reserves the right to limit the amount of data (including resume views) that may be accessed by You in any given time period. These limits may be amended in Monster’s sole discretion from time to time.
10. Additional terms applicable to Job Seekers
When You register with any Monster Site, You will be asked to create an account and provide Monster with certain information including, without limitation, a valid email address (Your "Information").
Any Profile You submit must be accurate and describe You, an individual person. The Profile requires standard fields to be completed and you may not include in these fields any telephone numbers, street addresses, email addresses or other means of contacting You, other than Your last name and URLs.
You acknowledge and agree that You are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any resume or material contained therein placed by You on the Monster Sites.
You understand and acknowledge that You have no ownership rights in Your account and that if You cancel Your Monster account or Your Monster account is terminated, all Your account information from Monster, including resumes, Profiles, cover letters, saved jobs, questionnaires will be marked as deleted in and may be deleted from Monster's databases and will be removed from any public area of the Monster Sites. Information may continue to be available for some period of time because of delays in propagating such deletion through Monster’s web servers. In addition, third parties may retain saved copies of Your Information.
Monster reserves the right to delete Your account and all of Your Information after a significant duration of inactivity.
11. Data Privacy and SMS Alerts
In the context of the 'alerts' service being introduced by Monster; the candidate consents to the use of his personal data in the form of cellular phone number(s) being used by Monster to forward relevant job alerts and other information as and when they become available.
12. Identification Of Agent To Receive Notification And Elements Of Notification Of Claimed Copyright Infringement
If You believe that your copyrighted work has been uploaded, posted or copied to any Monster Web Site and is accessible on such Monster Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify us by providing our designated copyright agent with the following information:
- The physical or electronic signature of either the copyright owner or of a person authorized to act on the owner's behalf;
- A description of the copyrighted work You claim has been infringed, and a description of the activity that You claim to be infringing;
- Identification of the URL or other specific location on this web site where the material or activity You claim to be infringing is located or is occurring; You must include enough information to allow us to locate the material or the activity;
- Your name, address, telephone number and, if You have one, your e-mail address;
- A statement by You that You have a good faith belief that use on the web site of the copyrighted work in the manner You are complaining of is not authorized by the copyright owner, any agent of the copyright owner, or the law; and
- A statement by You, made under penalty of perjury, that the information You have provided in your notice is accurate and that You are either the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
We have designated L D Pandey as our authorized official to receive notices of claims of copyright infringement on the Monster Sites. You can contact L D Pandey as follows:
By post / mail :
L D Pandey, Legal Department,
Monster.com India Private Limited
Tapasya Building, 6th Floor,
Plot No. 5 EFGH, Sector-126.
Noida, 201301, U.P., India
Need help with a job seeker issue? Contact us now.
13. Policy Regarding Termination Of Users Who Infringe The Copyright Or Other Intellectual Property Rights Of Others.
Monster.com India Private Limited, Monster Worldwide Inc., Monster, Inc., Monster Worldwide Technologies, LLC. and all of our affiliated companies respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users, account holders and content partners to do the same.
The unauthorized reproduction, copying, distribution, modification, public display or public performance of copyrighted works constitutes infringement of the copyright owner’s rights. As a condition to your use of monster.com.sg, You agree not to use monster.com.sg or any other Monster Site to infringe the intellectual property rights of others in any way. We will terminate the accounts of any Monster.com account holders, and block access to monster.com.sg and/or the other Monster Sites of any Users who are repeat infringers of the copyrights, or other intellectual property rights, of others. We reserve the right to take these actions at any time, in our sole discretion, with or without notice, and without any liability to the account holder who is terminated or to the User whose access is blocked.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that You believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against You, please contact the Director of Compliance and Fraud Prevention as under :
Director, Compliance and Fraud Prevention
Monster Worldwide, Inc. 133 Boston Post Road,
Weston, MA 02493 USA
14. Monster's Liability
The monster.com.sg and other Monster Sites act as, among other things, venues for
- employers to post job opportunities and search for and evaluate job candidates and
- Candidates to post resumes and Profiles and search for and evaluate job opportunities. Monster does not screen or censor the listings, including Profiles offered. Monster is not involved in the actual transaction between employers and candidates. As a result, Monster is not responsible for User Content, the quality, safety or legality of the jobs or resumes posted, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of employers to offer job opportunities to candidates or the ability of candidates to fill job openings and Monster makes no representations about any jobs, resumes or User Content on monster.com.sg and the other Monster Sites. While Monster reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove User Content, job postings, resumes or other material from the Monster Sites from time to time, Monster does not assume any obligation to do so and to the extent permitted by law, disclaims any liability for failing to take any such action.
Monster Communities provides a venue for individuals to network for professional and personal purposes and Monster does not screen or censor the Profiles or User Content on the Monster Sites. Monster is not involved in the actual communications between Users. As a result, Monster has no control over the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Profiles or User Content submitted on the Monster Sites and makes no representations about any Profile or User Content on the Monster Sites.
In addition, please note that there are risks, including but not limited to the risk of physical harm, of dealing with strangers, foreign nationals, underage persons or people acting under false pretenses. You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom You come in contact through the Monster Sites. By its very nature other people’s information may be offensive, harmful or inaccurate, and in some cases will be mislabeled or deceptively labeled. We expect that You will use caution and common sense when using the monster.com.sg and other Monster Sites.
Because User authentication on the Internet is difficult, Monster cannot and does not confirm that each User is who they claim to be. Because we do not and cannot be involved in User-to-User dealings or control the behavior of participants on any Monster Site, in the event that You have a dispute with one or more Users, You release Monster (and our agents and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential and direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The Monster Sites and the Monster Content may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. Monster makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of any Monster Site or the Monster Content. The use of all Monster Sites and the Monster Content is at Your own risk. Changes are periodically made to Monster Sites and may be made at any time. Monster cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of any Monster Site. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by a User from Monster or through or from any Monster Site shall create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
You acknowledge and agree that You are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any resume or material contained therein placed by You on the Monster Sites. Employers are solely responsible for their postings on Monster Sites. The Company is not to be considered to be an employer with respect to your use of any Monster Site and the Company shall not be responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason made, made by any entity posting jobs on any Monster Site.
Monster encourages You to keep a back-up copy of any of Your User Content. To the extent permitted by law, in no event shall Monster be liable for the deletion, loss, or unauthorized modification of any User Content.
Monster does not provide or make any representation as to the quality or nature of any of the third party products or services purchased through any Monster Site, or any other representation, warranty or guaranty. Any such undertaking, representation, warranty or guaranty would be furnished solely by the provider of such third party products or services, under the terms agreed to by the provider.
If You believe that something on the Site violates these Terms please contact our designated agent set forth above.
If notified of any content or other materials which allegedly do not conform to these Terms, Monster may in its sole discretion investigate the allegation and determine whether to remove or request the removal of the content. Monster has no liability or responsibility to Users for performance or nonperformance of such activities.
15. Disclaimer of Warranty
THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY MONSTER SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY MONSTER SITE AND ITS SERVERS ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF ANY MONSTER SITE OR THE MONSTER CONTENT RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS. THE MONSTER SITES AND MONSTER CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, MONSTER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY MONSTER SITE OR ANY MONSTER SERVICES WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY MONSTER SITE AND ITS SERVERS ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF ANY MONSTER SITE OR THE MONSTER CONTENT RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA OR ANY OTHER COSTS, MONSTER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS. THE MONSTER SITES AND MONSTER CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. MONSTER, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. MONSTER MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE MONSTER CONTENT, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS.
16. Disclaimer of Consequential Damages
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL MONSTER, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR ANY THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON ANY MONSTER SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA, LOST EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY MONSTER SITE AND THE MONSTER CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT MONSTER IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
17. Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, MONSTER'S MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY MONSTER SITE OR YOUR USE OF THE MONSTER CONTENT, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE), WILL NOT EXCEED INR 1,000.
18. Links to Other Sites
The Monster Sites contain links to third party Web sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to You and not as an endorsement by Monster of the contents on such third-party Web sites. Monster is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third party Web sites. If You decide to access linked third-party Web sites, You do so at Your own risk.
19. No Resale or Unauthorized Commercial Use
You agree not to resell or assign Your rights or obligations under these Terms. You also agree not to make any unauthorized commercial use of any Monster Site.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Monster, its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from (i) any User Content or other material You provide to any Monster Site, (ii) Your use of any Monster Content, or (iii) Your breach of these Terms. Monster shall provide notice to You promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding.
22. Redressal of Users Grievance
The Company has designated L D Pandey as Grievance Officer to redress the grievances of the users. The aggrieved user may submit their grievances by addressing to:
By post / mail :
L D Pandey, Legal Department,
Monster.com India Private Limited
Tapasya Building, 6th Floor,
Plot No. 5 EFGH, Sector-126.
Noida, 201301, U.P., India
By telephone :
24. Term and Termination
2. APPLICABILITY WIDE AND EXHAUSTIVE
3. MONSTER PRODUCT & SERVICES
Monster Video Service specifically and only allows registered users on Monster Website who have a valid login ID at Monster Website to upload video content related to their resumes, profile, company profile and contents ancillary and incidental thereto to be hosted by Monster Website and to be configured by applicable Monster Technology for public display on Monster website network, including but not limited to Monster's affiliate's websites and on Monster affiliates and syndicated third party sites, and for the public posting, viewing and sharing of the Video Content. You expressly agree and acknowledge that the Monster Video Service is a not a private service and it is hereby clarified that once the registered users of Monster Website submit their respective Video Contents for inclusion into the Monster Website, it will be accessible by the public at large, and that there is no confidentiality or privacy with respect to the Video Content uploaded. Further, registered users of Monster Website also agree and acknowledge that their Video Content submitted to Monster Video Service may, in Monster's discretion, appear on local Monster Video websites in other countries.
4. ACCESS & USAGE TERMS
5. VIDEO CONTENT SUBMISSIONS IN MONSTER WEBSITE
With respect to the video content submissions in Monster Website, the concerned registered users and other contributor of Video Content in Monster Website also further agree that they shall not submit any content that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless they are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the content and to grant Monster all of the license rights granted thereto and they also not publish false content or material that may damage Monster or any third party and also hereby agree not to submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; post advertisements or solicitations of business, impersonate any third party.
6. MONSTER.S RIGHTS IN VIDEO CONTENT
7. APPROPRIATE USE OF MONSTER VIDEO SERVICE
8. WAIVER OF CLAIMS & INDEMNITY PROVISION
You agree and acknowledge that your use and access of the monster video service and monster website shall be at your sole risk, responsibility and consequences. To the fullest extent permitted by law, monster, its officers, directors, employees, authorized representatives and agents disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the monster video service and monster website and your use thereof. Monster makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of monster website's content or the content of any sites linked to monster website and assumes no liability or responsibility for any (i) Errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content, (ii) Personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of monster video service and monster website, (iii) Any unauthorized access to or use of monster servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein in any form and/or in any manner, (iv) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from monster website, (iv) Any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses, or the like unauthorized tools or software which may be transmitted to or through monster website by any third party, and/or (v) Any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available through monster website. Monster does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the monster website or any associated or hyperlinked website and monster shall not be a party to or in any way be responsible or accountable for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The concerned registered users, jobseekers and other contributor of video content in monster website hereby agree and acknowledge that monster shall not be liable for their video content submissions or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with them.
In no event shall monster, its officers, directors, employees, or agents, be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from any (i) Errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of the video content, (ii) Personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of our website, (iii) Any unauthorized access to or use of monster secure servers and/or any and all video content and/or personal information and/or financial information stored therein, (iv) Any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from monster website, (iv) Any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses, or the like, which may be transmitted to or through our website by any third party, and/or (v) Any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content submitted, posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the monster website, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal arrangement, and whether or not the company is advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable local and/or international jurisdiction.
Update effective: October, 2011