Applied Materials is an innovation-driven company with the ability to identify emerging technologies that can enable our customers to overcome their challenges, by leveraging on Applied Materials’ engineering expertise is critical to our continued growth.
Applied Materials is working on a highly innovative biotechnology development project that involves the development of new assays and a high throughput imaging instrument. The project team is a growing, dynamic, and multidisciplinary group of scientists and technologists from fields of optics, material science, biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics and software engineering.
The individual will actively participate in biochemical assay development and product development of a sophisticated bio-imaging system. In this role, you will lead a team developing and validating of biochemical assay workflow and processes for a bio-imaging system. You will also manage transferring of the successfully developed and validated workflow to a commercial lab services organization. The ideal candidate will be comfortable managing and executing multi-disciplinary investigation and resolving technical challenges to improve assay quality, reliability, and process capability towards clear performance requirements. This requires you to:
- Guide and work closely with a multi-disciplinary team comprising biologists, biochemists, bioinformaticians, hardware and software engineers as they design, improve and validate the underlying assay
- Connect customer requirements with defined biological assay performance specifications and translate performance specifications into a technical workplan for the multi-disciplinary team to execute against
- Analyze experimental results to ensure the team continues progressing to the desired biological assay performance
- Manage the design and execution of controlled experiments to optimize biochemical workflows to achieve commercial levels of stability, robustness, and performance
- Define and manage a complete set of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that will be used by all technicians in a manufacturing environment
This role reports directly to the Program Manager in Singapore.
- MSc or PhD in a life science and/or an engineering related field, with minimum 7 years of relevant experience in developing biological assays and working with cell or tissue imaging technologies
- Experience in analytical bioassays and methods development (testing of components and process modifications of biochemical assays) is required
- Work experience in the biotech, translational workflow development, or pharmaceutical industry is highly preferred
- Technical knowledge of nucleic acid hybridization, bioconjugation, or RNA FISH is highly preferred
- Practical experience with statistics, Statistical Process Control, Statistical Quality Control and DOE techniques is highly preferred
- Experience with quality standards (e.g. ISO 13485) is a plus
- Well-developed documentation and technical report writing skills
- High level problem solving and reasoning skills
- Experience with product development processes and project management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Travel would be required
*Please submit detailed CV with current and expected salary
*Only shortlisted candidates would be notified
Education:Doctorate Degree - Life Sciences
Years of Experience:7 - 10 Years
Travel:Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.