DBS is a leading regional bank, embracing innovation and digital technologies with a vision of Making Banking Joyful for our employees and our customers. We are underway with a Technology Transformation strategy, known as ‘Gandalf’, with clear vision to ‘Design for Modern Systems’ and ‘Automate Everything’, including to fully embrace both private and public cloud.
In 2018 we intend to accelerate our Public Cloud journey, already in place for a number of applications in production, to adopt AWS natively, with confidential data, and at scale.
A team has been created and is striving to deploy applications with confidential data and native services, and our target is to progressively enable more workloads with a scalable, automated, self-service approach.Key Accountabilities
Work in a small multi-functional team to facilitate Public Cloud adoption across the organization for all workloads. Partner with and assist all Technology teams.
The Cloud Platform Engineer is expected to;Responsibilities
- Assist the LOBT application team with the creation of the relevant automation scripts, additional services, and infrastructure as required by their application.
- Build out the required automation scripts or CDP code to enable the delivery of the LOBT application
- Build and test cloud engines and features per the sprint goals defined by platform architect and master product owner
- Execute and monitor rolling changes to the cloud engines and/or cloud landscape
- Produce high quality product requirements and process documentation
- Monitor and provide principal capacity management oversight on the cloud landscape
- Review and respond to operational alerts relating to the availability, durability, or scalability of the cloud engines and any of their dependencies
- Minimum 5+ years of enterprise IT experience
- 2+ years of cloud engineering and software development experience preferred
- Working knowledge of security principals and other associated cloud control frameworks
- Scripting skills – working with deployment automation configuration management technologies such as Puppet
- Experience with CI/CD methodologies, processes and tools, such as Atlassian Bamboo, Jenkins, CodePipelines, CloudFormation
- Proven knowledge of backup & recovery procedures and technologies, data storage and retention requirements
- Solid skills in technical writing and production of technical documentation
- Experience in working in and with Agile delivery teams / projects / programs
- Cloud certification preferred i.e. AWS/AZURE/G Cloud
- Programming language proficiencies include NodeJS, Python, Java and C#
- Experience with DevOps Tools such as Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, etc.
- Hands-on experience with writing code i.e. AWS Lambda, CloudFormation
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or commensurate experience
- Configuration management (Puppet, Ansible, PowerShell DSC or others);
- CI/CD Tooling & Methodologies (Bamboo, Jenkins or others);
- Experience in a system administration role (Windows or Linux);
- Infrastructure as code templating technologies (CloudFormation/Terraform);
- Infrastructure deployment pipeline development, iteration and support;
- Demonstrable experience codifying infrastructure as templates;
- Ability to operational support tool stack for application consumers;
- Ability to provide consumer soft skills when supporting application consumers;
- Advanced understanding of cloud risk vectors and controls design / enforcement.