Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions – whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services.
The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer.
DBS has won many accolades during the past 10 year including being named the Best Bank in the World in 2018 by Global Finance and World’s Best Bank in 2019 by Euromoney. Group finance has contributed in this journey by 1) Delivering Core Finance to create efficiencies, 2) Driving Business Agility and Impact to create capacity and insights and 3) Steering Organization Resources to create value.
Strategic Cost Management (SCM) function falls under the "Driving Business Agility and Impact" pillar and helps DBS looks for new ways to create value, deliver non-linear cost growth and create further headroom for investment without compromising organizational capabilities. SCM function is responsible for driving the SCM agenda for the Group by owning the overall methodology for benefit tracking, managing program performance and related reporting, leading / driving cost analytics and working with units to identify and quantify opportunities
We are looking for a capable and highly motivated individual who is a team player, can work with a diverse range of stakeholders to help deliver SCM results.
- Drive progress for Strategic Cost Management (SCM) outcomes, focusing on specific BU/SU areas.
- Support development of relevant frameworks to identify, track and support business case quantification.
- Assist with developing Steering Committee/Management presentations and content.
- Support / drive analyses and assist stakeholders in the identification and quantification of SCM opportunities and where required assisting with driving SCM outcomes (including planning delivery).
- Executive office reporting on goals/financials and business updates as required and preparation of materials for strategic discussions on SCM.
- Engage stakeholders on the topic of drive strategic cost management and help prepare senior stakeholders for strategic reviews
- Lead program management capability
- Drive communications. Support development and execution of SCM communications strategy for a broad set of internal stakeholders.
- Drive data collection, model development and analysis across own and virtual teams in prioritized areas
- Work with Technology team using agile approach to continuously improve dashboard capabilities
- Analyze data and recommend opportunities to help drive cost management across the bank
- Lead / drive programs / workstreams / projects as prioritised
- Research market benchmarks, industry best practices and other relevant data.
- Degree holder in Finance or any related field with at least 5-6 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in or willingness and ability to quickly learn diagnostic analysis, business transformation, organizational improvement, reengineering program and project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player with keen analytical skills and attention to details.
- Ability to resolve issues between disparate stakeholders.
- Ability to operate independently, collaborating with senior colleagues to drive outcomes.
- Able to work under pressure and interested in developing a career in a dynamic banking environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Plus, to have Python/ Tableau skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
A rewarding career is more than just dollars and cents – it is also about growing your capabilities and the ability to create impact. We want our 28,000 employees to Live fulfilled at DBS – to Be the Best, Be the Change and Be the Difference.
To enable our employees to be the best that they can be, it starts with creating an inclusive environment where our people feel valued, connected and experience growth – both personally and professionally. We support employees by providing them with a comprehensive range of programmes and platforms, from flexible work arrangements, comprehensive leave benefits and exclusive banking privileges, to learning and development opportunities.
We want to be the change and pioneer a new way of banking. Becoming a 28,000-person start-up is critical to our transformation; embrace a digital mindset and focus on the customer experience. Our leaders lead the change, inspiring employees to innovate, challenge the status quo and drive changes around the way we work. Through collaborative workspaces and experiential learning, we experiment and gain fresh perspectives, and have fun along the way.
We create opportunities where employees can be the difference and find meaning in the work that they do – not only at an individual level, but also contribute to the communities that we live and work in. As we build a sustainable future together, we continue to shape the social landscape by being a proactive agent of change, a force for good.
We are on a journey, one that brings us closer to a greater purpose – to be the Best Bank in the World. We look forward to what the future holds as we reimagine banking, so that you can have a lot more life, with a lot less bank.
Live fulfilled at DBS. Right here, right now.
Banking, Insurance & Financial Services
Full Time, Employee