GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
• The primary purpose is to establish a representative product line in the assigned categories to enable all stores to achieve their sales targets while maintaining a strong competitive position.
• Source the best suppliers; negotiate the best prices and conditions in order to achieve the Company goals.
• Visit periodically stores to assess the value of our product line and needs and analyses the competition.
KPI – KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATOR
• Achievement of the objectives of the department in terms of T/O, Sell Out, Margin, ROS.
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (IF ANY)
• Managing the budget of the assigned categories
• Helps to share the company product strategy;
• Adheres to brand product strategy to ensure cohesive statement is maintained.
• Range Planning
• Balances the range for the target consumer and by market in terms of price points, styles, fashion colour, fabric, etc.
• Continuous in seasonal collection review to maximize range, sales and profit.
• Analyse competitor product ranges and actions to ensure we are above and up front from them.
• Interfaces with all different functions of the business i.e. planning, merchandising, allocation…. And ensures an information flow at all times.
• Sources range from best suppliers/vendor/brands to achieve optimum delivery and margins.
• Demonstrates ability to drive profit opportunities: using critical path to ensure maximum flexibility to decrease markdown risk and maximise sales.
• Reviews department performance weekly and proposes action trading out of poor performing areas and buying into successful areas.
• Is customer focused and assesses trends appropriate to his/her lifestyle.
• Knows the market and competition well and is up to speed with trend activity.
Critical Path Management
• Ensures understanding of all of the critical dates in the calendar.
• Meets deadlines in buying calendars and critical path.
• Work with the Merchandiser to ensure merchandise is phased in to provide the correct level of ‘newness’ for the customer according to divisional strategy.
Managing Relationships and Communication
• Works effectively and communicates clearly across departments.
• Leads by example to operate to maximum performance.
• Very strong team player.
• Company merchandising policy and procedure
• Prosperity cards as per categories
• Seasonal open-to-buy and open to buy follow up
• S.I.R., Board, sales statistics, special reports.
• Operational plan, strategy and tactics.
• List of authorized suppliers
• Fashion magazines, trade magazines, sport magazines.
• Market awareness (consumer, brands, competitors)
• 3 years’ experience in international company
• Competent in Microsoft Office
• Fluent English
• Is an advantage to know additional languages
BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES (SEE GLOSSARY OF COMPETENCIES)
• Team Player
• Result Orientation
• Goal Setting
• Planning and Organizing
• Creativity Innovation