The Government Infrastructure Group (GIG) is responsible for providing the ICT Infrastructure where the whole government will rely on for its digitalization effort and smart nation initiatives. The infrastructure layer covers the data centres, networks, cloud and endpoints. The modernization of the infrastructure and related services are underway and further efforts will be required to drive the adoption of advanced technologies to bring greater value to the country.
If you are someone with strong cloud background and passionate about technology, looking for opportunities to work with a team of practitioners and leading industry experts, we welcome you to join GIG.
As a Cloud Service Management Architect/Engineer
, you will be tasked to design, develop, package and manage the lifecycle of cloud infrastructure services including defining cloud infrastructure service catalogue items and service bundles; service costing and charging; tenant and user registration and subscription management; and service provisioning, lifecycle management and de-provisioning. You need to work closely with the business, finance and other cloud technical speciality so as to develop a coherent, scalable and robust cloud services. Your understanding of the trends in cloud computing and how customers will be using these services will allow you to recommend the right technology and services to package and offer. Your work will help to enable the Government to leverage on the commercial cloud for the development and deployment of digital services. What to Expect:
How to Succeed:
- Serves as the deep Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the management and development of cloud services which includes multi/hybrid cloud design and implementation.
- Constantly explore new solutions and technologies, integrate learning and recommendations into the development and enhancement of cloud services.
- Analyse business and technical requirements to design cloud infrastructure service blueprints and templates.
- Maintain and continuously enhance cloud infrastructure service blueprints and templates to ensure that they are relevant.
- Analyse operational requirements to design processes and workflows for provisioning, de-provisioning and lifecycle management of cloud infrastructure services subscribed by Tenants/Users.
- Develop the financial models, operating & support models for the cloud infrastructure services.
- Develop models to analyse and predict demand and consumption of cloud infrastructure services by the Business Units.
- Define metrics and KPIs to be measured to monitor and manage the performance and availability of cloud infrastructure services.
- Resolve complicated technical issues to maintain cloud infrastructure service availability and improve service levels.
- Research and propose solutions and services that can assist and enhance the management of cloud applications and solutions used by the Government.
- Propose cloud application products and services that can be reuse and with minimum effort (eg Serverless) so as to ease operation management and reduce TCO.
- Identify potential and emerging technologies relevant to innovation in the Government.
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineer, Information Technology or related discipline.
- Has minimally 8 years’ experience in designing/ implementation/consulting of large-scale cloud infrastructure services and solutions.
- Hands on development/programming experience using Python, Node.js or similar.
- Knowledge in sensors, tensorflow, Real-Time OS and IOT Edge computing to pipe real time streaming data into cloud data lake for analytics
- Has good consultation skills with the ability to convey technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences and contribute within a team environment.
- Demonstrate expertise in major CSP products, strategies, costing, pricing and TCO analysis (eg. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- The candidate should have attained professional certifications in the following areas with at least 5 years of implementation experience in:
- AWS/Azure/Google Cloud/VMware
- Possess hands-on experience and good technical skills with proven track records in IT infrastructure and/or emerging IT technologies engineering in the following area:
- Cloud infrastructure (IaaS/PaaS)
- Container technologies like Dockers, Kubernetes and AWS ECS
- Knowledge of with DevOps techniques and Agile practices preferred.
- Experience in Service Catalogue management and financial management.
- PMP, ITIL or TOGAF certification is an added advantage.
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills, able to interact professionally with all levels of the organization.