Description:Line of Service
Deal StrategyManagement Level
ManagerJob Description & Summary
A career in our Deals Strategy practice, within Deals Transaction Services, will provide you the opportunity to help organisations realise the potential of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and capital markets. In short, we help some of the world’s leading companies originate, create, execute, and realise value from deals. Through data driven insights we help our clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their company.
Our team helps companies navigate the accounting and financial reporting challenges of business combinations. As part of the team, you’ll develop roadmaps of the driving economic objectives, determine the appropriate professionals needed, and consider financial reporting implications for deals.Advisory – Deals Strategy
Strategy is often at the forefront of PwC’s Deals related work, with our services spanning the entire deal continuum. From strategy formulation, to deal origination, due diligence (commercial & operational as well as financial), through to post deal integration, market expansion and exit.
After strong growth over the last few years, we are looking to significantly invest in our (Deals) Strategy team at the senior level. We have a core team based in Singapore of dedicated, long term Strategy professionals, further strengthened by a regional network across SE AsiaOur team focuses on three core areas:
The individuals we are looking to join this team, should preferably have the following:
- Commercial due diligence and M&A strategy
- Market entry/growth strategy (US, European and Japanese corporates looking to enter SE Asia, or Singaporean businesses looking to grow)
- Government strategy (typically longer term strategy studies, looking at how other countries compare to Singapore and how Government can better interact with the private sector and learn from these benchmarks)
At present, we have three particular sector priorities in terms of recruitment:
- Top tier strategy consulting experience
- Exposure to Deals (i.e. running commercial due diligence exercises with key private equity houses / SWFs)
- Asia experience or links to the region
- Healthcare/Life Sciences (all levels, including senior members (5-10 years’ experience) to be the forefront of this team)
- Technology + Media (Manager with 4-7 years’ experience to support the significant growth in projects we have seen over the last couple of years).
- Government (Manager / Senior Manager with 4-8 years’ experience to join our Government Strategy team (here we need Singapore Government + Strategy experience)
However, we are happy to speak to those with experience in other sectors (e.g. we have great projects on-going in Industrial, Retail, Consumer, Tourism etc. and at the same time we are further growing those teams).What we look to bring to those who join us:
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
- Working hand-in-hand with a strong and fast-growing team of strategy professionals (one of the most established strategy teams among professional services firms in Singapore), amidst an environment of camaraderie and entrepreneurial growth
- Integration into the global PwC Strategy and Deals network, including Strategy& (our acquisition of Booz & Co demonstrates PwC's commitment and investment in building top-tier strategy expertise)
- Fast-paced environment, with the nature of our projects often being shorter in length, high intensity, and involve dealing with senior-level clients. We tend to do less long-term, operational-type projects based at the client site, away from home
- An exceptional mix of experiences and opportunities spanning corporate strategy, the deal market and government strategy
- Huge opportunities for accelerated personal and professional growth, and a long term (global) career at PwC
Degrees/Field of Study required:Degrees/Field of Study preferred:Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)Travel Requirements
Up to 20%Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
YesGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date