Deputy Head – Strategic Planning & Projects (Innovation Solutions & Services - Innovation Office)
The Company is growing beyond its traditional products, towards offering innovative solutions and services to its customers (i.e creation of new business). The Innovation Office is a strategic function based in Singapore to contribute to this important initiative, predominantly through the conduct of Proof of Concept/Value (POC/V) projects in the APeJ markets.
This Deputy Head is a senior manager who will lead the Strategic Planning & Projects sub-team within the Office to drive the roadmap planning, market research, POC/V project execution, and preparation of business case proposal on new business opportunities.
In addition, this role will contribute to the ecosystem collaboration and customer engagement programs to support the Office’s innovation thrusts. The ultimate key success measure for this role is the quality of the proposals and the acceptance by management of the new business for the Company to enter into.
- Lead the Strategic Planning & Projects sub-team of the Innovation Office.
- Orchestrate the functioning of the team to enable effective co-working with i) Partnership & Programs sub-team of the Innovation Office, and ii) the internal stakeholders /counterparts in Singapore RHQ, Japan HQ and the US lab.
- Conduct research and analysis of global trends and APeJ market needs of selected solution/technology domains, to identify appropriate business opportunities that the Office should incubate and pursue.
- Analyse the Lean POC findings gathered by the Partnership & Programs sub-team, so as to develop the strategic roadmap and pipeline of POC/V projects to pursue the identified new business opportunities.
- Define the Minimal Viable Products and prototypes required for deployment in POC/V projects (either independently as Innovation Office or in collaboration with the internal stakeholders/counterparts), to serve as product & technical development requirements on the relevant technology teams.
- Own the scoping and proposing of POC/V projects, and subsequently lead the project management of approved projects.
- Establish the market/customer, business and financial drivers, and propose the strategic rationale and business case for potential new business opportunities to seek HQ approval (for successful POC/V projects).
- Contribute to the productization & commercialisation of new business approved by HQ, if needed.
- Support in the forging of key partnerships with external parties including government agencies, RAs/IHLs and other technology partners in Singapore and across APAC.
- Support the management reporting & budget planning activities of the Innovation Office.
- Engineering Degree in Electrical/Electronics/Computer/Software
- Business or Marketing Degree will be considered as well
- MBA will be a clear advantage
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Strategic analysis and business planning of technology businesses
- Business Development, Product Management and/or Product Marketing, in area of vertical industry and enterprise ICT offerings
- Development and management of similar initiatives in innovation / new business ventures
- People leadership