Digital Project Manager(Digital Corporate Communications Solutions)
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Digital Project Manager to join a highly-successful and fast-growing agency to deliver high-quality and innovative digital corporate communications solutions - and to help build the Company as thought leaders for digital corporate communications excellence.
The principal role of the Digital Project Manager is to scope, specify and project manage the development and delivery of high calibre digital solutions for our Corporate Communications business.
Working closely with the design, development and account teams, you will be defining the solution to meet our clients' requirements, building the project delivery schedule and budgetary estimates, and driving the programme of work from inception through to successful delivery; ensuring projects are delivered on time, to budget and to high levels of client satisfaction.
This role will suit a self-motivated individual who wants to make a real difference in their role - both to enhance their career and skills, and to deliver award winning, innovative projects for global brands. It will require an organised mind, digital expertise, great people skills and real attention to detail.
Client relationship management
- Own day-to-day client relationships throughout the delivery of your projects building strong, trusted relationships with your day to day contacts;
- Liaise with your clients on a day-to-day basis, attending and leading meetings when required, and responding to all client requests in a professional and courteous manner. You will also be expected to be able to handle difficult or sensitive enquiries or problems with tact and diplomacy; and
- Deliver exemplary client services at all times helping to ensure we maintain the current high levels of client satisfaction and continually seek ways to exceed clients' expectations.
New Business and Client Development
- Produce budgetary estimates and secure client sign-off on all costs;
- Manage the financial risk of projects by adhering to all financial working practices and processes including creating budget proposals, completing regular reconciliations, raising and issuing purchase orders for external costs and completing accurate timesheets;
- Ensure that no work outside the scope of the agreed specification is undertaken, prior to agreeing the scope of the additional work and receiving approval on the cost estimate from the client; and
- Where necessary, work with your team leader to develop strategies for managing overrun costs from clients.
Research and Development
- Work closely with your team leader to conduct audits of your projects to highlight opportunities to enhance deliverables and provide additional services; and
- Support the new business process by assisting with the delivery of new business proposals through conducting research, producing budget proposals, helping to manage the internal process and supporting your team leader with writing presentation documents. You may also be required to attend pitch presentation meetings from time to time.
- Support internal teams with Company's research into best practice digital corporate communications by conducting research and providing insights which will support the development of Company's market-leading publications;
- Continually drive your understanding of our clients' businesses, the industries they operate in, and trends in digital best practice corporate communications; and
- Continually develop your knowledge and views on key market insights and to share your knowledge with your team and the wider business.
- Project management qualifications
- Strong academics with a minimum of 2:1 degree
Technical knowledge and skills
- At least 2-3 years' experience in managing on-line clients and projects from inception to delivery with the ability to work unaided on digital projects;
- Familiarity with best practices in website development, including accessibility, usability and design;
- Experience interacting with clients at a variety of levels and across functions, managing client expectations and ensuring high levels of client satisfaction;
- Experience working with security sensitive information;
- Experience of scoping and designing Internet related projects of significant scale and complexity and identifying project risks;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are essential;
- Good knowledge of project management techniques for digital solutions including requirements definition, sitemaps, schematics and wireframes, web analytics, etc.;
- Good understanding of relevant methodologies and technologies - Microsoft Office and Internet tools including Web browsers, project management systems and e-mail programmes, Microsoft Knowledge or Visio, PRINCE2, and a familiarity with Web development technologies including content management systems, HTML, Flash and Java script; and
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure, within strict time constraints and must be able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment.
- A good general understanding of a wide range of technologies is beneficial, including:
- Visio, Microsoft Project expert user;
- Internet, intranet, and extranet development technologies;
- Content management systems and XML and publishing technologies;
- Email, RSS and SMS applications;
- QA techniques and processes; and
- Knowledge of W3C WCAG levels and requirements.
- Passionate about digital;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills necessary to build trust and respect both externally and internally;
- Extraordinary attention to detail and a desire to produce the highest quality solutions;
- Technically literate, and also able to communicate complex digital solutions into layman's language;
- High-quality service ethic and committed to customer service excellence;
- Ambition to self-improve;
- Ability to manage many urgent and often conflicting priorities;
- Strong `can do' attitude with an innate ability to take initiative and work by yourself as well as in a team;
- Good sense of humour is essential