Job Description Director of Engineering
- Sentosa Island (Shuttle service provided)
- $10,000 and above+ AWS + Executive incentive plan + Duty meal provided
- 5 day work week, 830am 6pm
As Director of Engineering, you will lead your team to achieve exceptional standards, and develop preventative maintenance and resource management programs that ensure a safe and welcoming hotel for all guests, visitors and colleagues. You will be responsible and capable of handling mutli-faceted projects and able to work even under pressure
- Preferred knowledge of hydraulics, including balancing in waterworks/ tanks; prime/ standby power generation equipment and associated switchgear.
- Preferable to have experience in reverse osmosis and triple effect evaporator systems.
- Have experience in managing fire main systems & associated pumps, sprinkler systems and equipment, with good knowledge of local fire, pressure vessel, electrical codes and occupational safety codes.
- Understanding main/ secondary drainage (plumbing) systems; electrical power distribution systems.
- Computer Skills, particularly in the use of Property Management & Energy Management systems.
- Prepare and manage the annual maintenance budget and assist in the preparation of the capital plan
- Ensure the hotel complies with all government regulations pertaining to building code requirements, health, fire and life safety programs
- Review ongoing service contracts ensuring superior performance and competitive pricing
- Monitoring energy and water management programs to ensure cost effective use
- of utilities
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to manage a proactive Preventative Management Program.
- Manages budget and controls expenses effectively.
- Hires, trains, develops and appraises staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Sentosa Island
- Shuttle service provided from Harborfront MRT station.
Working Hours: Job Requirements:
- $10,000 and above (Depending on experience) + AWS + Executive incentive plan + Duty meal provided
- Bachelors degree in Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering and or Building Management with Hotel work experience
- 5 or more years of experience in managing an Engineering department in a medium- or large- company.
- Possess a good command of the English and the ability to communicate clearly and pleasantly, both verbally and written towards internal and external guests
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations
- Knowledge of computers
- Responsible and independent individual who can perform with minimum supervision
- Familiar with Property Management System
- Fluent in a second language
- Knowledge of local laws and insurance related matters
- Willing to work flexible hours, including weekends, holidays when required
- Possess professional image and positive personality
- High degree of integrity and strong leadership
- Ability to input and access data in a computer
- Ability to deal effectively with all employees and employee representatives, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing in order to prepare official memorandum and correspondence
- Ability to provide clear and meaningful instructions, guidance and counseling to all employees
- Possess superb organization skills
- Able to forecast departmental expenses using a calculator and/or moderately complex computer system
- Able to compute, explain and manage P&L
- Able to perform job functions with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and co-workers as part of a team
Interested applicants, kindly email your detailed resume (MS Word format is preferred):
(Reg No: R1107383
Please ensure that applications sent through email are no bigger than 1Mb.
We thank all applicants for your interest but regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates would be notified. Success Human Resource Centre Pte Ltd (EA License Number: 97C4832)
1 Sophia Road, Peace Centre,
#06-23/29 Singapore 228149