SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides legal services to the different banking and subsidiaries
a. Renders written as well as oral legal opinion and advice based on factual and even theoretical problems/situations.
b. conducts legal review of contracts, resolutions and other legal documents involving bank transactions to which the Bank is a party.
c. Attends meetings with clients or other creditor-banks (in case of consortiums or syndications) or with other banking units
d. Drafts new pro forma instruments, contracts to cover specific banking transactions (i.e, dacion en pago) as well as communications with clients, third parties governmental agencies upon the request of concerned units.
e. Prepares draft of special documentations (other than the bank's pro forma documents), to assist the initiating units and their clients in complying with the bank requirement.
f. Assists the Division Head by drafting circulars and other memos on specific legal issues addressed to the different concerned units
g. Conducts seminars on documentation and other legal matters upon request
h. Makes representations with governmental agencies in the course of providing legal assistance to the bank (i.e, SEC, BIR)
i. Provides legal assistance to bank subsidiaries (i.e, 6766 Ayala Condominium Corp., SB Capital, SB Cards, SBM Leasing, SB Equities) Qualifications:
- Must be a LLB graduate from a reputable school above average scholastic records
- Must have passed the Philippine Bar Examination
- Proficient in English (written and oral)
- Computer Literate (Word Processing)
- Possess strong analytical capabilities
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure with little or no supervision