Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.Job Purpose
DBS is a leading regional bank, embracing innovation and digital technologies with a vision of Making Banking Joyful for our employees and our customers. We have Treasury and Markets (T&M) trading activities in 7 countries in Asia as well as in London.
The Investment & Trading Technology (ITT) Infrastructure Application & Reliability team provides & supports infrastructure software solutions, technical performance & architecture expertise, test automation framework, to the application teams supporting the T&M business.
The team supplies modernization and IT operation enablers from test to production and lifecycle to the ITT department and to the T&M business.Key Accountabilities
Managing a team of approximately 40 software engineers, located in Singapore, providing a range of solution and IT expertise to treasury and markets application and business, the key accountabilities of the application reliability team head include:
- Technology surveillance, and identification of innovations potential application.
- Gather and define requirements, solution, drive implementation of applications that help the department achieving its strategic roadmap.
- Ensure support services of these applications to the level 1 & 2 support and development teams of the ITT department.
- Provide L3 level functional and technical development on the Murex application
- Optimize IT operations and IT cost of these applications, proposing and driving the changes required to achieve productivity targets
- Working with software and service vendors to effectively drive alignment with the department goals.
- Day to day team management, organization, motivation, guiding and driving team members.
- Ensuring compliance with banks and regulatory guidelines, policies and standards.
- Promote Technology & Innovation Adoption:
- Develop and maintain awareness of state of the art infrastructure, development, and IT operations technologies
- Identify and select most appropriated technology based on requirements
- Define and conduct POC or other forms of technology assessment
- Drive adoption with respect to the department goals in terms of service, cost and optimization
- Drive Application Roadmap:
- Drive the cloud transformation of application leveraging the Infrastructure Application products and services
- Decide or help the team making choices keeping objectives, costs and efficiency in mind
- Review and validate architecture and software design, with a view to meet functionality, maintainability, performance and scalability targets
- On Murex, provide functional and technical development as well as release management services
- Infrastructure Applications lifecycle:
- Implement survey, evolve, support metrics to proactively monitor the quality of the service delivered and identify areas of optimization for the portfolio of applications
- Ensuring stability and performance of the applications as well as business continuity, capacity management
- Timely follow up of management of user enquiries and requests
- Review and help the identification of fundamental root causes and integrated remediation actions into roadmap.
- Ensures transparent and clear communication to all stakeholder (business, management, IT teams)
- Development Operations support:
- Support application team devops effort by providing expertise and technology to support their productions pipeline and its evolutions
- Minimize IT operations in adherence to the "Design for No Operations" motto
- Drive application monitoring roadmap in coordination with application teams
- Support application testing efforts by providing the development of test cases, test framework adapted to the application technology stacks, adaptation and integration with the development operations tools
- Team management:
- Organization and development of the different teams
- Improving team engagement while maintaining high standards of support quality
- Ensure development and evolution of the team members
- Maintain high standard in the recruitment of resources
- IT audit and support of audit/compliance request from other departments
- Ensures compliance with standards and policies on data access, retention, BCP etc.
- Adherence to the bank’s values (P.R.I.D.E): Purpose Driven, Relationship Led, Innovative, Decisive, Everything Fun
- 15 years of work experience supporting trading and risk technologies, with an in-depth technology background.
- 10 years of team management experience with proven ability to recruit, motivate and enable a high performing team.
- Track record of business partnership to deliver high value add and a first-class user experience.
- Track record in delivering innovative or creative solutions to business and technical problems.
- Very good knowledge of one or several packaged vendor applications such as Murex (preferred), Thomson Reuters ET2.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.