Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) administers full-time, publicly-funded undergraduate degree programmes.
Service-Learning (S-L) and Community Engagement (CE) Programme is a graduation requirement for Full-Time undergraduate students to work collaboratively with each other to learn from and serve the community.
The successful candidate is responsible for supporting the Office of Service-Learning & Community Engagement (OSLCE) in S-L and CE initiatives and implementing S-L and CE activities and programmes. He/she will help support and facilitate S-L and CE programmes students to promote students’ sense of belonging through shared actions for social responsibility.
We are looking for individuals who possess good student development skills and knowledge; have awareness of current and emerging practices in Service-Learning and Community Engagement; and are committed to the preparation and development of young undergraduates.
Candidates should be intellectually nimble; have an eye for collaborative possibilities; and the ability to tackle challenging situations with finesse and determination. A strong passion for people development is also expected. Responsibilities:
- Support and facilitate S-L and CE programmes.
- Support in the planning, implementation and evaluation of S-L and CE activities, events and training sessions.
- Conduct university-wide asset-mapping of existing community partnership and engagements that could be extended into S-L and CE programmes.
- Co-ordinate collaborations between the Office of Service-Learning and SUSS Faculty.
- Manage the administrative duties (pre and post event publicity, data management, procurement etc.) generated in fulfilment of the scope stated above.
- Assist with other tasks and duties as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor, as well as participate in university-wide activities.
- Attend training and development courses relevant to work and/or personal development.
- Degree holder with at least 2 years of professional experience. Experience in student development, Service-Learning, and Community Engagement will be useful.
- Analytical with strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong coordination, administrative and organisational skills.
- Intellectually inquisitive; with a good awareness of current and global affairs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Professional applications.
Applicants are requested to submit their resumes via our website at http://www.suss.edu.sg/careers/appointments-vacancies/Pages/NonAcademic_Appointments.aspx
(Only shortlisted candidates will be notified)