Employer: Optimum Solutions
1 Year Renewable Contract
All our projects exhibit the following common features:
• Significant engagement with product owners and user-interaction
• Technical autonomy and innovation
• Highly motivated and engaged development teams
• High quality and commercial benefits
As an agile application developer you will work together with business users and members of the development team to provide quality systems that improve productivity, decrease operational risk, enable the business to expand and make users smile. These are high profile applications that offer you the opportunity to shape the future technical direction and take ownership for functional components.
• Design, develop, test, deploy and support high quality systems.
• Become a strategic part of the CS business by building positive relationships with all business partners, understanding the challenges they face and using your technical expertise to deliver the systems we need.
• Collaborate with the Product Owner closely to deliver solutions and to build user-centric banking applications for use by Clients/Relationship Managers/Support functions around the world.
• Understand the different technology domains within the Bank and how the data across domains is interrelated.
• Constantly analyze and improve the performance and quality of the product and team.
• Be willing and able to adapt to changes in priorities and requirements.
• Remain open and alert to new technology opportunities.
We have a preference for the following knowledge and experience:
• Expertise with Java or any other JVM-based language
• Expertise with SQL, RDBMS design and optimization
• Expertise with HTML5 and CSS3
• Expertise with JUnit, TestNG or any other test framework
• Strong knowledge of HTTP and (REST) API design
• Working knowledge of MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
We expect these qualifications and work experience:
• Your Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computer Engineering or related discipline is preferred but not required.
• You have significant work experience in commercial software development, full stack web frameworks and exposure to more recent technologies.
• You have theoretical foundations as well as practical experience designing and implementing distributed systems.
• You should have a real passion for and experience of Agile working practices like Scrum, with a strong dream to work with baked-in quality disciplines such as TDD, BDD, test automation and DevOps principles.
• You have attested ability to work well in delivering complex systems in a dynamic changing environment.
• You have the ability to develop intuitive and robust user interfaces which improves user experience.
We value these characteristics:
• Pragmatism. You have a deep understanding of, and are highly informed by, the purist approaches. You also have an understanding of what it takes to deliver working software.
• Completion. Delivery. Shipping working software with high usability to our customers is what matters most. Your biggest thrill from a big new idea comes when you see it working in the real world.
• Collaboration. Building software is primarily a social activity so you will play well with others. Determining the right thing for the team to do is not about winning a debate at all costs.
• Diversity. You value everyone's ideas, background, thoughts and culture.
• Curiosity. You like to learn. You continually, and deliberately, learn.
• Passion. You are passionate about software. You live and breathe software. It is not just a job, it is a way of life.