The Government Infrastructure Group (GIG) is responsible for providing the ICT Infrastructure where the whole government will rely on for its digitalization effort and smart nation initiatives. The infrastructure layer covers the data centres, networks, cloud and endpoints. The modernization of the infrastructure and related services are underway and further efforts will be required to drive the adoption of advanced technologies to bring greater value to the country.
If you are someone with strong infrastructure background and passionate about technology, looking for opportunities to work with a team of practitioners and leading industry experts, we welcome you to join GIG.
The Infrastructure Engineer for Government Infrastructure Group is responsible for designing, implementing and supporting systems for the Whole-of-Government (WOG) level. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrates superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring highest levels of availability, performance and security. This requires close collaboration with cross-functional team members. What to Expect:
How to Succeed:
- Responsible for the operations management of an enterprise wide infrastructure and application monitoring system (IAMS) to provide proactive availability, fault and performance monitoring for WOG ICT services.
- Analyse IAMS effectiveness and devise action plans to improve the monitoring visibility of the WOG ICT services’ performance.
- Collaborate with various service owners to define performance matrix and develop business dashboards for the various WOG ICT services.
- Correlate the IAMS monitoring data and provide analysis for the identification of ongoing performance degradation of the WOG ICT services.
- Develop operations management procedures to maintain availability and optimal performance of the IAMS.
- At least 5 years of experience in operations management of large scale enterprise monitoring systems.
- At least 1 year of experience in programming / scripting using Chef, Perl, Python and Restful API.
- Preferably to have experience in implementation of large scale enterprise monitoring systems.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of enterprise products like BMC, CA, NetScout, Riverbed and ServiceNow. Certification in any of the technologies listed above will be an added advantage.
- Team player with strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and procedures.