At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you
can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyones
ideas are valued and a culture where we
can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to whats happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
Job Profile Summary:
As part of this dynamic role, you will report to the Head of Investment Strategy and be responsible for building up PACS investment capabilities so to achieve long term performance for policyholders and shareholders. Working in close collaboration with the Actuary team for liability and solvency management, he will be required to establish a robust investment framework and strategic, tactical asset allocation process for the management.
- Establish a robust investment framework and strategic, tactical asset allocation process for the management of Par, Non-Par Funds and ILP funds
- Assist in setting Capital Market Assumptions for SAA, build tools for SAA optimization
- Assist in developing quantitative models for TAA views and implementation.
- Develop and maintain real-time analytical tools to track key market indicators so as to facilitate asset allocation decisions
- Track and monitor investment holdings, overall fund performances and performance attribution of existing funds
- Measure market exposure and assess risk characteristics of existing funds to identify potential gaps
- Recommend the use of derivatives, structured products, collateral management and other strategies for risk management as well as yield enhancement
- Assist in articulating investment views and strategies to distribution channels (AD, PD) through seminars, presentations and investment newsletters.
- Assist in the evaluation of existing and prospective investment strategies, fund managers and mandates
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the financial industry with experience in investment management/advisory or fund evaluation/due diligence in banks, consultants, asset management or insurance companies.
- Trustworthy and reliable as well as a self-starter who is able to take initiatives, but also work well as a team
- Meticulous and structured individual
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work in fast-pace environment and having the need to multi-task
- Motivated individual good at solving problems
- Highly organized with good follow-up skills
- Programming knowledge is a plus
- Bloomberg and Morningstar knowledge is a plus
- Microsoft Office functions such as Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Minutes taking where necessary
- University graduate in Actuarial Studies, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics or other related fields
- Chartered Financial Analyst (preferred)