Title: Java Backend Developer
Work Location: Singapore
Type: 12 month + renewable contract
Job Duties & responsibilities:
You will be part of a high-performance team focused on driving innovation, improving delivery effectiveness and building business solutions by designing and developing cutting edge software applications, web services and APIs using multiple technologies.
• At least 5-8 years of working experience, preferably in banking environments.
• Experienced at estimation in an agile environment and delivering on time
• 5+ years as a back end developer with strong hands-on experience on server side frameworks (Java/Spring/Rest services/Soap), MSSQL, Oracle databases, MariaDB and Java Application Servers (Apache Tomcat, Jetty, WebSphere/WebLogic)
• Hands-on experience of Micro service patterns & concepts & its application in problem solving
• Significant understanding of cloud solutions on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure.
• Strong experience with and comfortable working in a CI/CD pipeline such as container deployment exposures like Docker, Openshift
• Strong experience writing unit tests and automated testing of API’s ie testing is not just a QA function and we don’t throw code over the wall
• Candidate with operational experience, preferably in support of critical application systems, will have an advantage.
• Candidate must speak and write well.
• Candidate must be a strong team player.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
• Back End Skills:
• Strong understanding of Core-Java, object oriented programming and design patterns
• Experience in Java/JVM web application development eg. Java, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Scala, J2EE, Relational Databases (Oracle, MSSQL, MariaDB), Java Application Servers (Apache Tomcat, Jetty, WebSphere/WebLogic)
• Hands-on coding experience with Java 7 and Java 8, Multi-threading, OOPS, Kafka
• Strong knowledge of Unix / Linux based systems
• Experience in BDD/TDD
• Micro service patterns & concepts & its application in problem solving
• Fundamental knowledge of distributed Architectures, SOA, Micro-services, PaaS
• Proficient in Web Protocols such as HTTP and SSL
• Proficient in Design and Development of REST/SOAP APIs
• Experience in concurrency techniques, writing Concurrent Applications
• Ability to reason about performance trade-offs
• Understanding of data structures
• Cloud solutions on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure
• Strong Documentation Skills
• Competency in agile methodologies e.g. Scrum
• A DevOps mind-set toward build / test / deploy