- Expatriate, residential position based in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
- Maintenance Planning using MAXIMO
- Prior field based maintenance experience is essential
- Refinery experience is a strong preference, although will also consider petrochemicals and other heavy industries
- Focus on preventative maintenance, extensive experience in this area is required, not Turnarounds
Saudi Aramco’s Domestic Refining and NGL Fractionation team is seeking experienced Maintenance Area Foremen to work in the Jazan Refinery on the Red Sea coast of Saudi Arabia. The post holder will work to an assigned area/unit to execute all scheduled and unscheduled activities including preventive maintenance (PM) activities, in a timely, safe and cost effective manner.
The refinery will be the most technologically advanced refinery in the world when commissioning is complete and will have the capacity to process 400,000 BPD of Arabian Heavy and Arabian Medium crude oils to produce gasoline, ultra-low-sulfur diesel, benzene, and paraxylene. The refinery is also attached to an Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle power generation facility that will utilise the heavy oil waste products to produce synthetic gas and drive a huge power train to develop 4,000MW of energy.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a brand new refinery during commissioning, startup and operational phase, whilst receiving a comprehensive expatriate package.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, create, prepare and integrate the overall maintenance plan of the preventative and corrective day to day Maintenance
Plan, schedule and arrange maintenance field activities and follow up the field executions
- Develop activity schedule, include calendars, and define resource codes, activity codes, assign resources and conduct analysis in order to optimize the resources/schedule and develop an integrated workable maintenance schedule.
- Communicate required completion dates and interfaces/dependencies between the responsible parties.
Collect the actual activity progress from the execution team and update the schedule on daily/hourly basis as required for the completion of the work.
Analyze data/input and provide advice on path forward to manage deviation while minimizing impact on total work plan, resources and budget.
- Identifies all materials, tools, equipment, and special preparations required for each job step.
Ensures that materials are on-site prior to scheduling the job. Ensures that surplus and excess materials are returned to the proper materials handling personnel for eventual return to the Storehouse.
Provides the Maintenance Foreman with a completed package for successful execution of maintenance work, at minimum cost, through the MAXIMO maintenance system.
- Prepares regular and special analyses of manpower and backlog data for the Superintendent and recommends allocation of manpower resources to maintain the highest possible activity levels in the Division while meeting Maintenance Goals.
- Completion of skilled apprenticeship, ideally with a mechanical focus
- Completion of Maintenance Planner Course
8 years varied craft experience (experience in more than One major craft is desirable) for the Oil & Gas or a similar industry
- 5 years experience working with MAXIMO or SAP for maintenance planning for the Oil & Gas or a similar industry
- A good knowledge of Materials Systems in SAP
This position will be the sole Maintenance Planner assigned to a specific refinery unit and will require a lot of autonomy, with minimal supervision. Applicants must be confident to conduct maintenance planning for multiple disciplines within a highly demanding environment.
This is a permanent, residential role in Saudi Arabia that is available on a single or family status and will hold a very competitive, tax free salary.