About the Role:
As the Managed Services Lead you will have a dual role growing and shaping our Managed Services offering in Singapore and providing hands-on service delivery for larger accounts.
Consisting of roughly 70% of your role, you will be responsible for the overall performance and growth of the Managed Services business in Singapore. You will work closely with Avanade regional leadership, sales leadership and other stakeholders to implement a sales and go-to-market strategy for driving Managed Services across Singapore, as well as help identify and shape new Managed Services sales opportunities. Focus will be driving our Managed Services sales within Singapore every day, both from an origination perspective as well as driving sale capture. In this role, you are the "face" of our Managed Services business both internally and externally, serving as point of contact for the Singapore teams and the interlock between the Area and Global Managed Services teams.
For the remaining 30% of your role, you will also lead service delivery teams in delivering what is defined and outlined in service contract on accounts of moderate-to-large /complex projects. As a group manager, you will interface directly with the client IT organization, and take primary responsibility for maintaining/developing client relationships and ensuring client satisfaction. You will serve as the link between delivery resources and client organization for technical, contractual, service and vendor issues, and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
Grow and Sell:
Assist regional teams in developing and executing Managed Services go-to-market plans.
- Manage metrics and sales targets, forecasting and sales pipeline analysis to support the sales targets.
- Work across the Avanade sales lifecycle, including market and account planning.
- Travel to meet with clients and support sales pursuits as dictated by the business and requested by the regional teams.
- Bring Managed Services sales and insight data to our teams to help drive go-to-market strategy and sales focus areas.
- For the larger strategic Managed Services opportunities, lead deal shaping, solution planning, and proposal making activities throughout all stages of the deal pursuit to capture the Managed Services sales.
- Driving and integrating Managed Services into the region(s) sales and account plans.
- Collaborate with account and sales teams to identify and market Managed Services opportunities and target Clients.
- Account level planning with the region business development executives to originate sales, grow selected Managed Services accounts and secure revenue growth.
- Engage directly with regional BDEs and sales teams to originate and capture Managed Services sales.
- Develop and support effective regional relationships with partners, Accenture and Microsoft to develop the market for our Managed Services offering to help originate sales.
- Collaborate with other Avanade leaders and offering leads on Managed Services market development and identifying offering opportunities that will establish a strong market presence and drive sales.
- Effectively position Avanade’s Managed Services offerings, both internally and externally with our clients and partners, including evangelizing Avanade’s capabilities and value proposition.
- Help build sales acumen and capacity in Singapore by helping to drive Managed Services sales enablement through additional training and mentoring of regional team members.
- Plan and execute continuous sales education and enablement for our Singapore teams on Managed Services GTM, how we win, what we sell, key deal qualification criteria, etc. to better position our Managed Services offerings with our clients.
- Track key Managed Services renewals and engaging early with the BD teams (grow account, pull forward renewals, increase value proposition, add innovation, etc.)
- Work with our advisory & consulting teams to enable larger Managed Services deal capture.
- Work with Avanade marketing to incorporate Managed Services into the sales campaigns.
- Share client outcomes and market conditions with other stakeholders so that the global offering leads and Managed
- Services community can evolve strategies and develop innovative solutions for the future.
Work closely with client organization and service delivery teams to define, communicate, and deliver on service levels on moderate-to-large /complexity clients
- Lead efforts to define deliverables, budget, schedule, dependencies, service levels, other required operating metrics and scope, both during service negotiations and ongoing relationship
- Identify and manage issues and risks, acting as primary escalation point within the team and for client; reports identified issues to the service management teams
- Create and track team status reports using standard templates; actively participates in internal and external status meetings
- Maintain team's work plan and/or annual plan (e.g. resource assignment changes, schedule changes, completion status etc.)
- Communicate solution and service to client and internal stakeholders
- Partner with client, delivery, account and solution teams to evaluate, approve, and implement change to service or scope
- Ensure delivery team and client support staff are adequately prepared for implementation
Help develop training plans and materials for training support staff and client liaisons for release
- Participate in training support staff and client liaisons on release impacts
- Drive continuous process and client outcome improvement
- Drive methods adoption and act as an expert on how to cost-effectively deliver project requirements and deliverables
- Monitor and analyze client satisfaction through available escalation/complaint tools
- Identify and implement productivity improvements, ensuring adherence to appropriate project gating and business case approval requirements
Passion, enthusiasm, and entrepreneurship in driving and delivering our Managed Services business. Demonstrated leadership track record in Managed Services sales and deal shaping acumen and developing and growing long term, high value client relationships. You bring energy to our clients and the various people you interact with daily and you’re adept at communications, especially with influencing and negotiation capabilities that help you establish and grow our Managed Services sale opportunities with key clients. Internally, you enjoy advising leadership teams in the development, production, and promotion of our Managed Services sales and offerings to grow our Managed Services business.
In addition, your skills/experience should include:
- Experience with sales principles and practices, including business development, marketing, and complex channel management.
- Ability to effectively team with peers in a large, matrixed organizations, including significant experience with off-shore teams and delivery.
- Experience delivering solutions for client organizations through complex solutions / projects with heavy client interaction.
- Strong Managed Services background and preferably also a consulting / project-based background, which includes assessing and managing the qualification, value creation, sales capture and contracting of large scale, complex Managed Services projects.
- You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Business or technology-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You likely have about 6 years of relevant sales, technology, and business leadership experience, including sales, solution selling, creation, delivery, service management and business management, and more than 2 years of demonstrated people and/or business leadership experience, particularly within a consultancy company.
Experience managing project/program financials (e.g., budgeting, assessing financial impact, working with financial analysts)
- Knowledgeable of at least one software development methodology (e.g., Agile, Scrum, SDLC, Waterfall)
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft platform technologies and tools
- Experience with evaluating and managing technology vendors
- Project Management Institute (PMI) PMP certification preferred, but not required; ITIL certifications considered valuable.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, especially strong influencing and negotiation capabilities.