Stability & Mooring team is responsible to support the analysis, design and testing of Stability & Mooring for new offshore structures and vessels through exploration, sourcing and development of new range of stability and mooring control methods and systems to suit the operating needs in a different environment.
Weight control team is responsible to prepares key project documentation (i.e.weight control procedures, weight reducing proposals and loading condition, and etc.) for weight design in bid packages, equipment data sheets and contract specifications.Responsibilities:
- Prepares key project documentation, including structural design brief as specified in bid packages, equipment data sheets and contract specifications to develop trim, stability and loading manual and etc. for project execution
- Prepares rough sketches, drawings, general arrangement, capacity and lines plans and other engineering data on stability & mooring by utilising engineering common network, software and tools
- Prepares hull form, geometry plan, tank plan, hydrostatic and tank sounding table, (i.e. based on motion analysis, risers analysis and air gap analysis) to determine volume and positioning in centre of gravity in inclining test
- Prepares and optimises vessel specific test procedures and calculations for vessel stability & mooring in lightweight survey and load line (i.e.longitudinal strength, intact stability and damage stability conditions)
- Performs studies to explore and design new optimal lightweight offshore structures and vessels, focusing on their operating requirements and weight optimisation under the supervision of senior team members
- Prepares weight forecasts and investigations, emphasising on weight information to determine the selection of materials (MTOs) and equipments as weight saving alternatives during the design phase
- Participates in weight assessment audit to determine the preliminary weight inputs (i.e.unit weight budget) provided by the engineering disciplines comply with the defined budget weight under the supervision of senior team members
- Prepares weight calculations and centre of gravity (COG) to identify trends and areas for optimisation, including monitoring weight changes to alert management on the exceeded lightship design weight for further solutions
- Coordinates with other engineering team members (i.e.structural/ general design/ Stability&Mooring/weight control), subcontractors and consultants on technical issues and design solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Naval Architecture/ Structural Engineering/ or related engineering disciplines
- 5 years of relevant experience in stability & mooring/ weight control and basic design in oil and gas projects
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office products, AutoCAD, STAAD, and Adobe Acrobat
- Possess working knowledge or fundamentals in naval architecture, hydrodynamic, and engineering principles
- Knowledge of engineering analysis techniques and tools/software applications used in naval architectural engineering
- Knowledge in the studies and optimisation of hull form using CFD techniques coupled with model testing for the purpose of minimising resistance or improvement of sea-keeping performance
Sembcorp Marine Ltd
Tanjong Kling Yard
29 Tanjong Kling Road
Tuas Boulevard Yard
80 Tuas South Boulevard
Mon-Thu : 7.30am – 5.15pm
Fri : 7.30am – 4.15pm
Interested candidates with relevant background are invited to send us an updated resume with your current and expected salary, reason of application and earliest availability.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please note that your personal data disclosed to Sembcorp Marine Ltd and our group of companies, shall be used for the purposes of evaluation, and processing in accordance with our recruitment processes and policies. By providing your personal data, you have consented to the aforesaid purpose under the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.