The Network Lead is a key member of the services organization management team will report to the Operation Director. He will be responsible for motivating a team of technical support consultant and for facilitating resolution on escalated calls.
1. Motivate a team of technical support consultants through performance, coaching, career planning and setting educational objectives.
2. Participate in quality calibration and validation sessions.
3. Improve productivity by highlighting deficiencies and recommending change in tools, training, processes, reporting and employee engagement.
4. Facilitate customer resolution for escalated calls and engage the necessary technical support.
5. Follow up unsatisfied customers to ensure issues are resolved and the customer satisfied.
6. Report operational achievements and progress to the operation director on a regular basis including statistical analysis and improvement of action plans.
7. Work with other managers to ensure operational consistency.
8. Maintain a mindset of continuous improvement in terms of efficiency of support processes, customer satisfaction and the application of tools for monitoring , management and optimization,
9. Build relationships with the operational and technical department management of our key customers.
10. Develop a strong relationship with the sales teams to increase support services agreements sales. This includes negotiating and closing services contracts./;
11. Deliver and exceed on all team performance targets
12. Responsible for Pre-sales Support (enterprise architecture proposals), set up and support of the systems as well as configuration and maintenance of IT infrastructure and enterprise applications.
13. To act as an Expert/ Technical resource to handle complex incidents and troubleshooting scenarios. Cisco/ Juniper devices hands on and ability to supervise a shift team
14. Handle escalations from the Incident management team and provide support on technology and troubleshooting's. Responsible for troubleshooting and timely resolution of faults/incidents in Domestic and International MPLS VPN Services. Hands on experience on OSPF, BGP, MPLS VPNs (layer-2/3) and provide 24 x 7 operational support
15. Liaise with various internal and external stakeholders as part of the incident management process to resolve issues in a timely manner. Technical escalation point of contact for Corporate Customers, Internal Operations staff and Shift Operations Managers
16. Liaise with Network Hardware/software vendors to troubleshoot and resolve issues relating to Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) and/or Provider Network equipment (Cisco & Juniper), Riverbed, including Managed Services such as Router Management Service (RMS)
17. To mentor and train junior staff in the team from time to time. Focus on Quality and processes for the Operations environment
18. Play an important role to Enhance customer experience and speed of restorations
19. Network Specialist requires to review the RFPs, customizations, meetings with vendors, pre-sales, solutions, project management, service management teams and translate the requirements to Operational deliverables
• Degree in IT, Engineering or Computer science
• 5-8 Years of experience in the IT/Telco industry
• At least 3 to 4 years of experience working for an ISP/Large Enterprise. Good to have telecommunications background, Knowledge of Service providers and Telecommunications carrier Networks
• Strong understanding of routing protocols like OSPF, BGP, MP-BGP, MPLS, TE, QoS. Possess good level of knowledge, working experience in Internetworking, IP routing protocols and troubleshooting for MPLS/IP VPN based networks
• Possess industry standard certifications such as CCNA/CCNP/CCIP/JNCIA/JNCIP/JNCIS and CCIE certification will be added advantage for this position
• Knowledge of ITIL processes and methodologies to deliver high quality support to meet customers’ needs
• Windows applications software skills like MS Words, Excel, Power point, FTP, TFTP, etc
• Knowledge of Kepner Tregoe troubleshooting methodology would be an added advantage
• Knowledge of Managed Services and hands on experience on LAN/WAN technologies
• Knowledge of Layer 2 Technologies: Good knowledge of Switching technologies like VLAN's, HSRP, Devices: Juniper routers & switches, Cisco routers & switches, Huawei switches
• Be a Team player with good interpersonal and communications skills
• Good to have people managing (Team lead / Shift lead) experience
• Customer oriented and be able to handle difficult situations. Need to drive and energy to explore new ways of doing things to improve customer experience