• You already have some programming skills on the Microsoft platform, and you’re eager to really dive deep while working alongside senior programmers who coach you
• You have solid MS SQL writing skills and beginner-to-intermediate knowledge of stored procedures and triggers
• You like working with a variety of hardware/platforms – desktops, ecommerce sites, tablets, and handhelds (all Microsoft based)
• You prefer the advantages of working with a small, tight-knit group (our company has 20 employees) to the advantages of working for a large corporation
• Flexibility comes naturally to you – you might also help with installations, help field techs resolve issues, or other activities that are not necessarily related to programming (although programming is a key part of this position).
The greatest thing about this position is the variety of learning opportunities it provides. You’re not stuck coding lines-and-lines of code in the same language. You’ll gain expertise with report writing, application programming, ecommerce, handhelds, APIs, a variety of hardware peripherals, etc.
Major duties of the job include:
• Assessing user requirements and translating those requirements into technical designs - we are a small group, so we are not crazy formal with design documentation like a Fortune 500 company might be.
• Coding in T-SQL (triggers, stored procedures, etc).
• Modifying MS SQL Server Database tables, indexes, etc.
• Coding Crystal Reports & Nice Labels. Nice Labels is software that allows you to design barcoded labels.
• Coding JSON & XML APIs
• Rolling out software & configuring unique peripherals to work with that software such as barcode scanners, electronic scales, signature capture, etc.
• Integrate with various eCommerce platforms
• Occasional duties are likely to include end-user training/support, hardware troubleshooting, helping a field tech troubleshoot network problems (routers, switches, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
• Bachelors Degree
• Solid SQL writing skills. Entry level experience writing triggers and/or stored procedures
• A long history of being your friends’ go-to-person when they have a computer problem of any type. You’re the one who can fix anything!
• A desire to learn and build skills quickly. When introduced to a technology you don’t know, you research on-line and tinker with it at home until you feel you’ve mastered it.
• Possession of CompTIA A+, Microsoft, and/or other technical certifications with MS SQL Server