We are seeking a Power BI Programmer/Architect who is passionate about Power BI, immersed in its capabilities, and eager to wow our clients by showing off the amazing capabilities of the platform. We are now beginning our build of business intelligence offering – this is your opportunity to influence the offering from Day 1.
Bring to us your passion for data intelligence and help us build something for our small and medium d retailers that will allow them to understand their businesses like never before. We’re really excited about this – and we need that key individual who can help us make this a reality.
You know that you’re perfect for this position if:
• You have a passion for getting end-users excited about data.
• You already have a firm grasp of data warehousing concepts and have a strong vision for organizing Power BI data models.
• You understand how to leverage aggregations which were included in the Oct 2018 release.
• You have solid MS SQL writing skills with an eye for writing SQL that performs well. You also are very comfortable writing DAX.
• You prefer the advantages of working with a small, tight-knit group (our company about 30 employees) to the advantages of working for a large corporation.
• Flexibility comes naturally to you – you might also help with installations and train/coach end-users.
You will have the opportunity to set standards and command the architecture and dictate the uniform look-and-feel for our Power BI dashboards and reports. You may then train other programmers in our company to follow your lead.
About This Opportunity
Major duties of the job include:
• Set the standards and define the fundamental models so that our Power BI offering is built on the strongest possible foundation.
• Advanced SQL & DAX programming.
• Design reports & dashboards that are visually pleasing and highly functional. Show your passion for great data visualization on every report you create.
• Critical KPIs must render beautifully on Power BI’s mobile app.
• Teach our clients and in-house staff the difference between standard reporting and business intelligence reporting. Help us drive smart data intelligence into our thinking and enable our clients to run their businesses better than they could before Power BI.
• Package our Power BI offering so that it can be easily deployed and maintained across all of our clients who are running NCR CounterPoint Point of Sale system.
• Enforce appropriate security standards.
• Assure back-up and recovery concerns are addressed by each client who runs your Power BI package.
• Deep experience and burning passion for Power BI.
• Solid SQL and DAX writing skills.
• Strong command of data warehousing concepts.
• Skilled creator of data visualizations.
• Experience using Power BI in the retail industry.