I'm currently working on an exclusive assignment for a client who are developing a revolutionary product that is taking the aviation industry by storm.
They are in the midst of manufacturing a reinforced plastic container to ease travel for pets, yes pets!
This is a potential billion dollar industry and they are the only player in the market to capitalize on this opportunity, having already secured a world class large customer.
This is a unique opportunity to move out of a corporate and be part of a company that has a great future.
This will be Principal Engineer / Engineering Manager role that oversees everything - design, manufacturing, DfM, supplier management, technical negotiation etc.
- Assume prime responsibility for all product development activities – product definition and planning through to manufacturing, product release and EOL
- Manage the development process, technology lifecycle of new products, features or enhancements from conceptualization, requirements gathering, product specification, implementation review and release
- Act as the central source for all aspects including and not limited to boards, mechanical, firmware, power, test, documentation development, ODMs and vendors
- Establish and define overall product specification requirements
- Evaluate technical options and provide recommendations to deliver on product specification requirements in accordance with market requirements
- Develop, executive and analyse product test plans in controlled and real life scenarios
- Act as primary point of contact and coordinate development and test resources to successfully release new products on time and within budget
- Consolidate all of the product and engineering specifications for RFQ to our manufacturing partners
- Develop and manage the overall engineering schedule and prototype build plan/deliverables in coordination with key stakeholders and manufacturing partners
- Coordinate the external engineering extended teams to develop the products on schedule with excellent quality and low cost
- Source, qualify, work closely and effectively guide the activities of all manufacturing partners
- Work directly with other functional areas of marketing, operations and finance to bring the products to market
I'm looking for someone driven to be their own boss and create a long lasting product. Ideally, you have 5 - 10 years of experience in complete design and ownership of something similar. Experience in plastic blow moulding, reinforced poylmer, fiber-reinforced plastic manufacturing is highly recommended.
Does this look like something that you might be keen to explore? If yes, please get in touch with me via or +65 97230611
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).