PURPOSE & SCOPE OF THE JOB
• The Controlling Solution Designer role focuses on SAP Controlling (CO) "Classic" ECC 7.0. Solution Designer activities include Business Controlling activities, contributing to SAP solution proposals based on business requirements (projects or regular change requests) and maintaining SAP and SAP related systems' overall execution consistency on the long run in the area of OPFC.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Contribute: to SAP solution proposals based on business requirements (projects or regular change requests) in the OPFC Controlling functional areas utilizing ASAP and industry Best Practices. Ensure all documentation (process flows by Mega, procedures and solution documentation ie. Functional Designs, Training materials related to new solutions or change requests) are being developed or customized according to internal procedures. Contribute to the support of the productive system by reviewing / validating changes managed by Application Services (Level 2 Support).
• Resourceful: able to support multiple projects at various steps: demand analysis, requirements, specifications writing, validation and testing. Design new solutions, configure system(s) and test new solutions; this includes supporting project teams to design solutions driven by the project. Foresee future evolutions of one application
• Versatility: capable of understanding, articulating and translating business requirements to system solutions at a conceptual level (business to IT translation). Open minded and able to accept challenges.
• In-depth: understanding of global Controlling practices pertaining to COPA and Product Costing. Willing to assimilate into existing environments and project teams and able to lead a design or test team.
• Innovative: ability to design solutions utilizing strategic and innovative roadmaps anticipating enterprise requirements for current and future needs in both functional business requirements and technical IT domain requirements.
EDUCATION / PRIMARY QUALIFICATION:
• Bachelor's Degree required; preferably in Accounting or Finance related field
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in IT Domain or global IT projects
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as functional/application designer in SAP CO specifically in COPA and Product Costing/Material Ledger
• SAP FI experience and knowledge is a plus.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of the SAP Modules within CO. SAP FI experience and knowledge is a plus. General understanding in other SAP modules ie. SD, MM, PM.
• Work in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, work under pressure, and follow through with assigned tasks under limited supervision.
• Informing and negotiating skills with variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Proven success in testing domain: in test coordination, test strategy, test plans, test execution using HPALM.
• Ability to document Functional and Technical specification for offshore development centre.
• Must be independent and interact with other peers working from different location.