Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
The Back-End Developer is part of the Singapore Customer Centre Business Technology team and will be responsible for backend API development. The role requires operating alongside our mobile development team to support web services for mobile app & infrastructure with an emphasis on designing modern & scalable systems.
- Design, develop, and test Java based web services that will be delivered to consumers via mobile applications
- Create and review functional & non-functional specifications with product manager(s)
- Create design documents
- Participate in design and architecture discussions.
- Deliver high availability, real time, and high performance server applications that will be consumed by mobile and web clients
- Manage account on AWS
- Ensure application is built to compliance and be able to clear security testing
- BSc degree in Computer Science or any relevant field with at least 4 years of backend developing experience.
- SDLC understanding from design through production implementation (Agile)
- Mandatory to have strong knowledge & experience of Java and Web Technologies – Apache, Tomcat, Servlets, JSP
- Mandatory to have strong knowledge & experience in Spring, Spring Integration & Maven
- Experienced in Java, Web Socket, JBoss, Postgres and Hibernate
- Familiar with unit testing and integration testing (JUnit, SOAPUI, JMeter, etc)
- Experience in using version software/repositories such as CBS and GIT
- Preferable to have AWS Cloud deployment experience
- Preferable to know XML and XML Schemas
- Preferable to have Familiarity and experience with agile engineering practices like Test Automation, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), DevOps, etc
- Familiar with third-party libraries and APIs
- Ability to use critical thinking with a good problem-solving attitude
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
A rewarding career is more than just dollars and cents – it is also about growing your capabilities and the ability to create impact. We want our 28,000 employees to Live fulfilled at DBS – to Be the Best, Be the Change and Be the Difference.
To enable our employees to be the best that they can be, it starts with creating an inclusive environment where our people feel valued, connected and experience growth – both personally and professionally. We support employees by providing them with a comprehensive range of programmes and platforms, from flexible work arrangements, comprehensive leave benefits and exclusive banking privileges, to learning and development opportunities.
We want to be the change and pioneer a new way of banking. Becoming a 28,000-person start-up is critical to our transformation; embrace a digital mindset and focus on the customer experience. Our leaders lead the change, inspiring employees to innovate, challenge the status quo and drive changes around the way we work. Through collaborative workspaces and experiential learning, we experiment and gain fresh perspectives, and have fun along the way.
We create opportunities where employees can be the difference and find meaning in the work that they do – not only at an individual level, but also contribute to the communities that we live and work in. As we build a sustainable future together, we continue to shape the social landscape by being a proactive agent of change, a force for good.
We are on a journey, one that brings us closer to a greater purpose – to be the Best Bank in the World. We look forward to what the future holds as we reimagine banking, so that you can have a lot more life, with a lot less bank.
Live fulfilled at DBS. Right here, right now.
IT/Computers - Software
Full Time, Employee