Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
Group Technology & Operations plays a critical part in enabling DBS’s vision to become the best bank in the world.
RSU provides the full support to DBS group in the reconciliation of nostro accounts, transactions and balances reconciliations for Balance Sheet accounts. The unit has three functions:
Job Duties & responsibilities
- Nostro Account Reconciliations;
- Transactions and balances Reconciliations for Consumer Banking Business for Balance sheet attestation purpose;
- Business Management Support (BMS) that manages configuration of match rules to improve automation, support new products/businesses, and production of daily MIS to different lines of businesses.
- Lead and drive digital transformation initiatives/projects.
- Lead and drive improvement initiatives to drive productivity and efficiency.
- Design and drive establishment of risk landscapes/capacity management dashboards for risk and control/demand management purposes.
- Oversee daily production reconciliation activities, deputy to RSU Section Head.
- SME to drive the digital transformation programs in Reconciliation Services Unit in T&O.
- Review current process and re-engineer the process in-line with risk & control standards of the bank.
- Transform manual reconciliations onto strategic reconciliation platform to achieve standardization, controls and efficiency and eliminate manual efforts.
- Conduct feasibility study and propose best approach on transformation methodology.
- Manage & set project milestones and ensure Key Performance Indicators are on track
- Working with stakeholders on new reconciliation build requirements and solicit their buy-in
- Liaise with Technology partner on data and reports transformation requirements, testing and implementation.
- Adopting agile methodology, develop user stories, manage product backlogs and prioritization.
- Good understand on data, able to run data analytics to draw insights into problem areas and make recommendations on improvements.
- Provide support to Monthly Balance Sheet Substantiation process sign-off.
- Degree holder with minimum 10 to 15 years’ experience in banking operations.
- Experience in reconciliation automation initiatives involving non-standardised or unstructured reconciliation sources utilizing reconciliation tool.
- Experience in project management using Agile approach.
- Strong understanding of end to end transaction life cycle especially on Consumer Banking Business is a plus.
- Strong collaboration, co-ordination and facilitation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders & stakeholder management
- Highly motivated and determined individual who is committed to deliver
- Works well in a dynamic and fast changing environment, adapt quickly and able to keep pace with rapid changes in business
- Strong analytical skills to review and analyse data/information to identify, articulate the key issue and propose solutions
- Strong risk and control mindset
- Ability to work independently with strong teamwork values
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.