Client of HackerTrail --ZUZU looking for Senior Data Engineer
About ZUZU Hospitality Solutions ZUZU Hospitality Solutions purpose is to help independent hotels increase their revenue, through higher occupancy and better yield.
We are a technology-led, low-cost alternative to a traditional hotel chain company, providing revenue management, distribution and marketing tailored to increasing revenue. We plan to achieve this by rebuilding the way that hotel companies work, empowering independent hoteliers with the sort of professional tools that were traditionally only available to big hotel chains.
Our solution will empower tens of thousands of independent hotels across the world to deliver on the full potential of their properties, and to focus on delivering phenomenal traveller experiences to their guests. By coupling our technology with incredible account management, we deliver a complete solution, thereby ensuring that our hotel partners see a real revenue uplift, rather than simply receiving a set of tools with no guidance on how to make the most of it.
We're currently looking to hire an experienced Data Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will handle a wide range of exciting tasks from prototyping new techniques and technologies, to implementing real world, customer-focused cloud-based solutions in markets that are ripe for picking As an early-stage start-up, the role will be very dynamic. As such we need someone smart, quick-minded, ambitious, and flexible. The role will grow as you grow
We are looking for a Sr. Data Engineer to work on cloud and SaaS technologies. You will be responsible for the following:
● Work on the collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing of huge sets of data.
● Choose optimal solutions leveraging existing big data frameworks, then implement the infrastructure and ETL processes, maintain and monitor them
● Integrate these solutions with the existing architecture ● Integrate these solutions with the existing CI/CD pipeline and automation
● Propose architecture changes to handle the creation and consumption of big data.
● Define data retention policies ● Maintain high quality code ● Investigate and, if necessary, prototype technologies relating to the task
● 5-7 years of software development and data engineering experience
● Proficient understanding of Big Data principles
● Experience with integrating data from multiple sources and building Data Warehouses/ Data Lakes
● Experience building stream processing systems leveraging Apache Storm, AWS Kinesis or Spark Streaming
● Experience with Spark ● Experience building and managing Hadoop clusters and proficient MapReduce and HDFS
● Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB, DynamoDB , HBase or Cassandra
● Knowledge of ETL techniques and frameworks like Flume or AWS Glue
● Experience with task schedulers like Airflow ● Experience with ML toolkits like SparkML or H2O
● Good understanding of Serverless Architecture ● Ability to design and develop reusable and robust components and services
● Experience with CI/CD using Jenkins is a plus
● Team player with Agile development experience
● BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field