Associate General Counsel (APAC)
Legal and Commercial Department
The Senior Legal Counsel (APAC is responsible for a broad spectrum of legal matters within the Asia Pacific business. The Senior Legal Counsel will collaborate with stakeholders to ensure the success of business processes and provide counsel regarding compliance with applicable laws, regulations and company policies. He/she will be required to work closely with counterparts in EMEA, the Americas and the Corporate Legal Teams to support the Assistant General Counsel, in addition to working with other business teams, both in region and globally.
The Senior Legal Counsel will cover the full spectrum of legal and contractual activities. This role will be based out of the Schneider Electric Software office in Changi Business Park, Singapore.
1. Provide pragmatic legal and commercial advice to all AVEVA functions.
2. Maintain current knowledge of, and support compliance with, applicable laws and regulations.
3. Draft, review and negotiate a range of commercial contracts including software licenses, software consulting contracts, project implementation service contracts, teaming agreements, prime and subcontractor agreements, RFQ, RFP, value added reseller and sales channel partner agreements and NDAs.
4. Review and approve variations to standard contracts within an agreed approval matrix and legal policy framework.
5. Assist in reviewing and assessing current processes, structures and procedures for efficient legal compliance, and support projects and initiatives to realign and streamline legal processes and documentation.
6. Assist in developing, maintaining and updating legal systems and records.
7. Establish good working relationships with Group General Counsel, Corporate Legal Team and Commercial Team and all business units, notably Sales and Finance.
8. Liaise with external counsel and relevant authorities.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
1. Shows 8 or more years work experience as an in-house or transactional attorney with progressive, relevant experience in IT/Software commercial contracts.
2. Law degree from a recognized university.
3. Quickly identifies and analyzes problems to form an opinion and offer practical advice to the business.
4. Pays strong attention to detail.
5. Possesses high-level legal drafting and negotiation skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
6. Fluent in English.
7. Works effectively in both team and independent settings with the ability to work cross-functionally.
8. Manages multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently; and
9. Is proficient with Microsoft Office Software.
AVEVA welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, race, religion and belief, disability or age.
Disclaimer: The Schneider Electric industrial software business and AVEVA have merged to trade as AVEVA Group plc, a UK listed company. The Schneider Electric and Life is On trademarks are owned by Schneider Electric and are being licensed to AVEVA by Schneider Electric.
Walkin for you