One of our clients is looking for a Senior System Admin, who is/are able to fulfill the following requirements:
- Utilize PowerShell to automate Windows administrative tasks and other applications that run on Windows platform like Citrix, VMware and SharePoint.
- Experience of the following: Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop / NetScaler / VMWare Products (ESX, Virtual Center, etc.)
- Familiarity with at least one version-control system.
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Experience supporting critical Windows 2008, 2012 and 2016 servers in a large- production environment
- Experience with AD, WINS, DNS, DFS, DHCP, IIS, NT File System, Printing and Group Policy
- Significant knowledge of security under Windows 2008, 2012 and 2016
- Experience with Microsoft patch deployment processes.
- Aware of corporate governance (Sarbanes Oxley and Audit controls)
- HP and DELL server experience
- Must be able to perform well in a high-pressure environment.
- Desirable additional experience of the following:
-> Developing PowerShell cmdlets
-> Symantec End Point Protection
-> YSoft SafeQ Print Management
-> Exchange 2010/2013 and Content Filtering Technologies
-> Linux/Unix knowledge, exposure or support
- The position will be required to work on shifts. These shifts will also cover the weekends.
- Work days could be staggered over the week
- Must have a minimum of 5 years comparative industry experience
- Working knowledge of ITIL, Data Analytics, Project Management
- Certification is a plus
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Standardization and automation of systems, tasks and workflows using PowerShell
- Analyze, log, track and resolve software/hardware issues pertaining to server operating system and related services.
- Maintain the Windows Server problem ticket queue and work to resolving the majority of tickets in this queue. Provide initial 1st and 2nd line support for all Microsoft server platforms and associated applications within the server estate.
- Participate in Infrastructure project design/implementations and Disaster Recovery exercises.
- Timely response to support escalation requests and contribute to the Windows Server Team "follow-the-sun" server support model across Asia-Pacific and the Americas.
- Maintain proactive server monitoring, performance monitoring and application tuning using the corporate tools, such as SCOM and SCCM.
- Implement, monitor and maintain Windows Server-based services.
- Generate reports for daily checks and for real-time and capacity management reporting needs of Infrastructure Management.
- Maintain an accurate global Windows Server team inventory, including spare parts.
- Document processes, and ensure process is applied consistently across the global Windows server estate.
- Identify and repair inconsistent server configurations in the global Windows Server estate.
Please send your application to email@example.com highlighting:
- Your relevant experience
- Current/expected salary
- Availability information
- A latest MS-WORD Resume
Please do NOT use Quick Apply, send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
**We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.**
Note: GECO Asia is a German IT Services company and provides specialist IT resources on project and permanent basis. We operate under a Comprehensive Licence offered by MOM Singapore.
[GECO Asia Pte Ltd, Licence No. 07C4453]
[8 Boon Lay Way, 8@TradeHub21, #07-15, Singapore 609964]