- Role cover both tax compliance and advisory
- Min 8 years of tax experience
- Preferred regional tax exp covering Preferred experience working with China, Japan, Korea, Singapore and/or India.
Our client is a renowned MNC. For this role based in Hong Kong, you will report in to a Director of Tax (APAC). You will provide tax management for Asia, including establishing and managing tax positions, audit management, transaction execution support and overseeing tax compliance standards. You will develop strategy, drive objectives, operate with a sense of urgency, can innovate and will be expected to stay connected with business activities & issues to identify tax opportunities and risks.
- Partner and develop relationships with business stakeholders to proactively provide tax advice and tax leadership on new investments, business changes and initiatives – including issue/opportunity identification, research, providing recommendations and execution of planning opportunities
- Provide tax support and advice to various levels of business capabilities including treasury, legal, supply chain, finance and business development
- Provide tax support, tax considerations and support structuring of tax operations on M&A and/or divestiture projects
- Monitor, assess and develop perspective on new tax legislation and case law in the region for applicability to the business and communicate changes and/or recommendations
- Manage tax dispute resolutions, audit support, tax inquiries and communications with taxing authorities in partnership with the internal stakeholders/capabilities, global tax team and external advisors
- Provide oversight and review to the controller’s organization for the accounting and financial statement presentation of the businesses tax positions
- Work with business partners and manage external advisors to ensure compliance with all tax disclosures, tax filings and reporting requirements
- A degree holder with minimum 8 years of post-graduate tax experience in Big 4 or large MNC.
- Knowledge and experience in Asia tax laws and practices, cross-border tax planning and transfer pricing. Preferred experience working with China, Japan, Korea, Singapore and/or India.
- Excellent ability to speak and write in English. Proficiency in Mandarin is preferred (but not a must) given that China is a key market for the MNC
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to articulate a point of view on complex tax topics
- Self-starter that can provide guidance and leadership in dynamic and uncertain situations
- Project management skills and ability to work effectively with other capabilities and independently
- Business travel in the region is required
- Able to be based in Hong Kong for this role
To apply, please send your cv in word doc to email@example.com. Please also include details of your current salary, expected salary and notice period in your cv.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Posted by :
CAP Consulting (EA licence : 14C7175)
Caroline Poh (EA registration : R1105649)