Provides technical supervision to and oversees the work of staff on a team. Guides and advises stakeholders on best practices for implementing or enhancing system. Work with management to design high-level system integrations involving in-house development or off-the-shelf products. Assess architectural impact of product enhancements on overall system and make recommendations to management.
• The Software Engineering Manager will be responsible for leading the support and development team focused on back office software environment. This is a complex environment requiring interaction with multiple teams across the company: Traveler Services, Program Managers, Client-facing teams and technology teams.
• Our goal is to standardize the Travcom environment across regions, and a significant part of the role will include process automation and improvement.
• The role will also include development of automated services that allow for greater efficiencies across the support teams.
• Represents project and deliverables of the team • Identifies resources needed for future projects • Performs fundamental managerial duties with the software team including hiring decision, performance feedback and workforce development • learn to Develop skillset as a mentor to a team. Begin to engage with more experienced leaders to navigate challenging technical and business situations.
• Identifies and recommends project and activities as related to system direction and strategy. Establishes best practices and procedures/tools, programming standards, etc.deliverables.
• Gathers and analyzes requirements; develops solutions/programs/reports, and implements technology.
Provides recommendations for strategic planning and system growth/future business needs. Manages team and enforces standard code repository and documentation.
Delivers system presentation and overview.
Collaborates with cross-team assets to create project timeline and assign tasks and • Troubleshoots problems involving complex difficult issues.
• Meets with business analyst/stakeholder to determine requirements, gives input on prioritization to product owners.
• Collaborates on development best practices and standards with development teams across the organization.
• Acts as a subject matter expert on their product from both a technical and business perspective.
• Provides Tier 2/3/4 Production Support for tools and applications developed.
Experience & education:
• 7+ years relevant experience required. Experience leading a technical project or initiative is helpful. Ability to navigate complex technical situations and to explain costs, benefits, tradeoffs, etc, of product decisions.
o Knows the skillset of members on the team and coordinates work to achieve maximum output.
o Preferred 2 years in the Travel Industry.
o Minimum of 5 years SQL Development business experience with Agile Development methodologies.
o Enforces high technical standards for their products.
o Ability to discuss, lead and present technical solutions to development teams and Product and Technology management.
o Able to work with teams/individuals of all levels of technical expertise, business knowledge and global locations.
o Effective communication skills.
o Ability to handle multiple projects
o Expert knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle, Agile Methodology preferred.
EA License no.: 13C6338 I Reg no.: R1110355
Please send your resume in word format with your current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Walkin for you