OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
As an Registered nurse in a private general practice, your core
responsibilities include providing nursing care, clinical/ procedure assistance to doctors/ nursing team
and administrative support.
• Practice within your scope of practice/competence to promote safety of self and clients, as per
Singapore Nursing Board guidelines
• Reflects on current nursing practice and applies evidence-based and/or best practice knowledge
and technical skills
• Acknowledges limitations in knowledge and competence and seeks help with performance if
• Provide clinical care to patients when required within your scope and according to clinic
standard of practice.
• Assist doctors in procedures when required, and set-up for procedures as requested/needed.
• Complete diagnostic tests as ordered i.e. in-house tests for dengue, ECG etc.
• Be able to assess wounds and modifies dressing care accordingly with consultation/input
from the patient doctor/registered nurse
• Completes the Monthly Resus bag/AED checks and documents appropriately
• Understands and be able to administer immunization to patients from various country
schedules, ensuring that safe practice is followed at all times, and seeks clarification if
• Perform venipunctures on adults and children according the clinic SOP and adhering to
best/safe practice standards.
• Sterilization of surgical equipment is completed adhering to current guidelines and Clinic
• Maintains and updates technical/clinical skills related to nursing practice.
• Manages workload effectively by raising concerns and/or seeking consultation and help
• Issue stock items and prepare prescriptions.
• Handling controlled drugs (and keeping register).
• Dispensing and checking repeat prescriptions and prescriptions.
• Ensuring repeat orders are handled efficiently.
• Ensure dispensing policy and procedures are followed, (second check and signatures)(documentation)
• Support queries from doctors, nurses and support staff.
• Maintaining full and accurate records of all dispensing transactions.
• Checking with doctors or in patient records if concerned about the appropriateness of requests
• Dealing with queries from patients regarding their prescriptions.
• Arranging patient medication delivery/ courier services
• Maintaining dispensing register of controlled medications according to MOH requirements etc
• Reporting any known allergies and adverse drug reactions to the respective doctors and into the
• Provide doctor education on dispensary policy and procedures.
For all interested applicants, kindly submit your updated resume in MS Word format to Jeremy Kwan at firstname.lastname@example.org
EA License no: 13C6338 | Registration no: R1329791