Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
What you will do
In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with the data software engineering team to deploy and operate DBD data platform components and systems.
As an SRE Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of talented individuals and will be responsible for DBS Data platform. You will not only have the technical skills to roll up their sleeves and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also empower and develop your team to do the same.
- Lead a team of Software/Systems Engineers on DBS data platform.
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of the Data platform and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Lead by example, care for your team and establish credibility with the quality of your and your team's technical execution.
- Manage on-call rotations across countries.
- Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency and efficiency of DBS data platform.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in software development in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Go and/or, Python.
- Experience managing an engineering team on large-scale projects with technical deep-dives into code, operating systems and/or storage.
- Experience managing Hadoop distributions in Production.
- Proficiency working with algorithms, data structures and production troubleshooting.
- Expertise in problem solving and analysing scaling distributed systems.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
A rewarding career is more than just dollars and cents – it is also about growing your capabilities and the ability to create impact. We want our 28,000 employees to Live fulfilled at DBS – to Be the Best, Be the Change and Be the Difference.
To enable our employees to be the best that they can be, it starts with creating an inclusive environment where our people feel valued, connected and experience growth – both personally and professionally. We support employees by providing them with a comprehensive range of programmes and platforms, from flexible work arrangements, comprehensive leave benefits and exclusive banking privileges, to learning and development opportunities.
We want to be the change and pioneer a new way of banking. Becoming a 28,000-person start-up is critical to our transformation; embrace a digital mindset and focus on the customer experience. Our leaders lead the change, inspiring employees to innovate, challenge the status quo and drive changes around the way we work. Through collaborative workspaces and experiential learning, we experiment and gain fresh perspectives, and have fun along the way.
We create opportunities where employees can be the difference and find meaning in the work that they do – not only at an individual level, but also contribute to the communities that we live and work in. As we build a sustainable future together, we continue to shape the social landscape by being a proactive agent of change, a force for good.
We are on a journey, one that brings us closer to a greater purpose – to be the Best Bank in the World. We look forward to what the future holds as we reimagine banking, so that you can have a lot more life, with a lot less bank.
Live fulfilled at DBS. Right here, right now.
IT/Computers - Software
Full Time, Employee