Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.Responsibilities
The role is responsible for growing and leading the highly skilled multi-disciplined engineering teams that deliver seamless client experience for the Consumer Bank regionally with focus on Ecosystem and related mobile apps.
Our goal is to create a highly performant, available and user-friendly client experience frontend that provides superior mobile first experience. We support a broad range of web browsers and mobile operating systems across multiple countries with different languages and regulatory requirements. We drive first class development principles for all our software assets and invest great effort into tooling to enable a first class development pipeline process.
The core practice is one of Agile leveraging cloud native architecture pattern using Test Driven Development (TDD), continuous integration/continuous delivery, in an on-premise or public-cloud environment, where everything is automated. The core design principle is one that promotes API-everything.
- Setup of and leading of the design and development of the solution based on the business, technical and overall strategic directions.
- Management of development teams responsible for designing, developing, testing and supporting the software assets in an Agile environment
- Responsibility for development teams and technical strategy across multiple platforms, including Web, Android, and iOS in multiple languages. Responsible for leading the design for the micro service architecture across the digital platform within his portfolio.
- Drive the design and architecture of the software assets to ensure that it is most up-to-date, leveraging the latest best practices
- Champion software engineering culture and ensure DBS technology continues to develop as great and enriching place to work.
- Recruitment of software engineering talents to the team
- Creating a continuous learning environment to ensure that the software engineers are trained on the technology stack being adopted
- Drive internal and external developer community to encourage sharing and crowdsourcing of latest engineering best practices and
- Lead large software engineering teams (30 - 50+) people based in Singapore and Hyderabad) in the development of software assets related to the Ecosystems agenda
- Drive greenfield development of the software assets and relevant frameworks
- Drive technical vision and vision, technology stack selection and R&D of emerging technologies as it relates ecosystems (API-driven)
- Drive improvements in our development practice of continuous delivery and promote cloud computing and open source solutions where applicable.
- Partner with business stakeholders to deliver the necessary digital solutions
- Partner with the technology teams of external Ecosystem partners to deliver seamless and integrated solution
- Partner with relevant Digital transformation vendors to incorporate relevant solutions via API
- Resource planning, recruitment and key talent development
- Performs code reviews as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- At least 12+ years of relevant application development experience of mission critical systems from scratch, including experience in mobile and web applications development
- Experience in Agile development practices
- Experience in large scale development using some of the following technology stack
- Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Cloud Foundry
- iOS (Swift, Cocoa touch, Core animation, etc), Android (Java & Android SDK), ReactJS (Flux, Redux)
- Kafka, Redis, MariaDB, NoSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Expert in leveraging continuous integration and robust build/test automation, with a preference for cross platform stacks and containerization (Git, Jenkins, Sonar, Fortify etc.) to create a true DevOps culture
- Continuous curiosity and interested in the latest technology advancements and contribution to the wider technology.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both as an individual contributor and a technical lead
- Prior hands-on experience mobile and web applications
- Experience in Payments domain will be an added advantage
- Change agent
- Driven major changes in technology architecture to one that is truly Agile (incorporating cloud native architecture patterns in a distributed environment)
- Driven major technology team culture change to become a truly Agile team which is self-organising, truly DevOps and believes in everything automated
- Extensive, demonstrable experience building complex consumer facing digital products and internal facing systems across web and mobile applications in demanding environment.
- Experience in a leadership position responsible for building, motivating and leading high performing development teams
- A technologist’s technologist - able to lead high performance technology teams by example
- Experience in public cloud technology stacks of Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure will be an added advantage
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in API management platforms, API design standards, patterns, best-practices, API governance, API security standards and implementation (Oauth, OpenId)
- Knowledge regarding APIs applied to business: API Economy, Monetization and other use-cases
- Passionate about software engineering best practice include Agile, TDD, continuous delivery, micro services, measurement and software.
- Very strong analytical skills to be able to manage complex problems using a number of techniques.
- Ability to demonstrate influencing and negotiating skills to align a number of potentially conflicting views with internal and external stakeholders.
- Sets challenging team and individual objectives and trusts people to get on with them, shares clear expectations about required performance levels, rewards success and addresses performance issues quickly and fairly, treats team members with honesty, respect and compassion. Implements HR processes where suitable.
- Challenges systems, processes and people in order to achieve business objectives
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.