- Role cover both tax compliance and advisory
- Min 6 years of tax experience
- Expected to spend 50% to 75% time to support PRC (and the rest of time for APAC countries)
Our client is a renowned MNC. For this role based in Hong Kong, you will report in to a Director of Tax (APAC). For this role, you will provide tax advisory and compliance management services for China and other jurisdictions in Asia, including establishing and managing tax positions, audit management, transaction execution support and overseeing tax compliance standards.
You will also drive objectives, operate with a sense of urgency, can innovate and will be expected to stay connected with business activities & issues to identify tax opportunities and risks.
The role is expected to spend 50% to 75% time to support PRC and the rest on other jurisdictions in Asia.
- Provide tax support and advice to various levels of business capabilities including treasury, legal, supply chain, finance and business development
- Provide tax support, tax considerations and support structuring of tax operations on M&A and/or divestiture projects
- Manage tax dispute resolutions, audit support, tax inquiries and communications with taxing authorities in partnership with the internal stakeholders/capabilities, global tax team and external advisors
- Provide oversight and review to the controller’s organization for the accounting and financial statement presentation of the businesses tax positions
- Work with business partners and manage external advisors to ensure compliance with all tax disclosures, tax filings and reporting requirements
- Manage transfer pricing documentation on intra-group transactions in accordance with local tax rules and internal tax guidelines
- Provide tax advice to business partners on ad-hoc basis to ensure compliance of global tax policies and local tax laws
- A degree holder with minimum 6 years of post-graduate tax experience in Big 4 or large MNC.
- Knowledge and experience in Asia tax laws and practices, cross-border tax planning and transfer pricing. Preferred heavy working experience with China.
- Excellent ability to speak and write in English and Mandarin (Mandarin is required as this role will cover China at least 50% of the time).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to articulate a point of view on complex tax topics.
- Strong project management and analytical skills. The ability to work effectively with other capabilities and independently.
- Sound accounting knowledge is preferred.
- Business travel in the region is required.
- Ok to being based out of HK for this role.
To apply, please send your cv in word doc to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include details of your current salary, expected salary and notice period in your cv.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Posted by :
CAP Consulting (EA licence : 14C7175)
Caroline Poh (EA registration : R1105649)