The role requires someone who can gather and define requirements, translate those into functional and technical specifications and then drive the development life cycle from start to finish. You will serve as an Agile Product Owner with development. You will work closely with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders, building and managing relationships as well as product roadmaps. A strong understanding of product development and network service offerings, relationship management skills, and experience developing data networking products in a high-technology, dynamic environment is crucial to your success.
The Product Management team works closely with our technology team to guide products from concept to launch. As part of the Product Management team, you will bridge the technical and business worlds as you deliver services that our customers love. You'll collaborate closely with Product Management, User Experience, Engineering, Solution Architects, and Operations counterparts to build innovative network interconnection features. You have a bias toward hands-on action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product delivery.
• Collaborate closely with technology teams to provide clear direction on Agile product backlog, epic and user story requirements, and feature delivery
• Describe and write product requirements through personas and use case development
• Lead definition of allowable configurations, test cases and execute UAT
• Drive detailed product definition
• Serve as the subject matter expert and evangelist for the product
• Identifies improvements to existing product processes; develops a strong understanding of processes and technology
• Completes ad-hoc assignments that assist in the development of product strategy and roadmap
• Understands business value and can verify business value is delivered from the team.
• Designs product training curriculum; participates in cross-functional trainings and meetings
• Clearly express Product Backlog items in terms of business and customer value.
• Supports with backlogs, working regularly with the team to refine and add detail where needed
• Collaborates closely with technology teams
• Accepts user stories as done based on acceptance criteria and definition of done.
• Drafts acceptance criteria and work with the team to refine and elaborate
• Prioritize backlog including features, bugs, enabler work, and tech debt.
• Refines definition of allowable configurations, test cases and executes UAT
• Manages stakeholder expectations within and/or across functions
• Identifies and proactively includes correct stakeholders and communications effectively
• Works with Product Management and Team to define good confidence release deliverables for any given release
• Work closely with network architects and system architects to understand enabler work for new technology infrastructures.
• A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related technical field (or equivalent)
• 3+ years of prior experience as a Technical Product Manager or a Technical Marketing Engineer in networking or related field
• A first-hand working knowledge of current data networking products and technologies, including Ethernet networking, IP, BGP routing, peering, firewalls, load balancers, NAT, etc.
• Have deep technical knowledge of common network application architectures, features and functions, including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, SD-WAN appliances, etc.
• API development experience and ability to extend the API into the platform and product
• Trained in Agile development methodology with experience as product owner/backlog owner
• Proven experience in setting direction for technology teams, prioritizing development activities, and driving new product development investments in an organization using Agile methodologies
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities and an extreme attention to detail and ability to self-audit work
• Ability to deliver high quality results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities.
• Ability to lead and manage a team to deliver business results.
• The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated proactive contributor and subject matter expert on the product. Familiarity with business issues, or the ability to quickly learn.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; presentation, customer service, business, and negotiation skills.
• Demonstrated track record of completed multiple, complex metro and wide-area technical networking projects.
• MBA or equivalent experience desired
• Experience with developing network automation systems in an enterprise environment
• Networking certifications
* Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Walkin for you