Applied Materials (Nasdaq: AMAT) is the global leader in nanomanufacturing technology solutions for the electronics industry with a broad portfolio of innovative equipment, services and software products. At Applied Materials, we apply nano-manfacturing technology to improve the way people live. To support customers around the world, Applied Materials employs approximately 14,000 people in over 65 locations throughout China; Europe; India; Israel; Malaysia and Singapore; Japan; Korea; Taiwan; and the United States.
- Identify emerging technology, at various stages of maturity in the region (in universities, public research entities and tech start up ecosystem), and analyze how these technologies enable or benefit from industry inflections and global trends (35%)
- Work with senior members of the Regional Office and Applied BUs to ascertain a demonstrable fit of these technologies with Applied Materials’ strategic priorities and capabilities. (20%)
- Support new corporate technology development initiatives in Singapore and South East Asia from inception to execution (30%)
- Network with multipliers, including technology transfer offices, incubators, accelerators, and venture funds to raise the profile of Applied Materials to external entities developing promising emerging technology (15%)
- Frequent travel might be required
Skills & Competencies
- Someone who is excited by the possibilities of how technology can play a role in improving our lives, and is interested to understand how new technologies work
- Ability to quickly understand the value drivers in numerous science and technology fields
- Goal oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to recognize and translate multiple stakeholders’ strategic objectives into actionable items
Years of Experience:
Travel:Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.